Ruger PCC... talk me out of it?

I think the new aluminum handguard version is sexy as [beeep]. Old school PPSH look to it. I loved the old PC’s, so I was excited when they brought them back. Didn’t love the take-down feature, but it’s well hidden in the new mlok version. It’s on my hit list. I have about $2500 in Cabela’s card points I wasn’t sure what to use for, the Ruger PC Carbine is definitely on that list for the summer.

Originally Posted By: RePeteYou'll have to put a bag over it (maybe two) before you can take it out in public but yea.....go for it.

Charlie, I'll keep this relationship strictly platonic.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: RePeteYou'll have to put a bag over it (maybe two) before you can take it out in public but yea.....go for it.

Charlie, I'll keep this relationship strictly platonic.
wink.gif

Ugly girls need loving too, and sometimes they out perform the lookers. Look at the savages to prove my point.

PCCs are addicting. IMHO one of the most purely fun guns to shoot. I have a Kel-Tec Sub2000 in 40SW and an AR9.

It really depends on your purpose. I find them great for general plinking, blowing up water jugs, and steel. The whole reason I built an AR9 was so I could practice AR shooting at close range steel (.223 requires 100 yard minimum). Five months and 2000 rounds later...still love it. Only downside to the AR route was it took some work to get it tuned properly with the blowback. Maybe Ruger got it right from the factory?

I would not expect a 10mm blowback to work very reliably, I would want one so bad but the only ones I would trust have a sub-pistol length AR gas system...

Looked at the PCC today. The shop had both the plain jane version and the MLOK aluminum handguard versions. I like the looks of the MLOK version, however it is noticeably heavier. The standard version is slimmer, compact and lighter. To me it fits the carbine description better. This shop had the standard priced at $499 and the MLOK at $549.

If they chambered it in 44 mag I’d be all over it. I have one of their first run, tube fed, 44 carbines that looks exactly like the 10/22. You wanna talk fun start hammering the trigger on my 44 mag carbine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lowholer1Seems like I payed 550.00 plus tax! What cal is this?

9mm... I get 10% military, police and ems discount. That makes it pretty attractive.

I’d go 9mm. You can buy 50 rounds here cheaper than what it costs to reload them. There was a guy over on castboolits forum that used his with cast for deer last year. Dropped a deer in its tracks at about 65 yards or so if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogAt close to twice the cost, think I'd go with the Ruger.

You are right Bill, the Ruger is cheap.
Kel-tec's are cheaper.

Back