Shooting bech plans

Flesher

I've been surfing the web looking for shooting bench plans. Every time I try to down load one, it goes off into a tangent of signing up for all this BS, that I am not interested in or want to do. There so much crap that is attached to anything you do on the internet, that I'm afraid to down load anything, for fear of virus's or whatever.
Does anyone out there have a good plan for a shooting bench, that they could email to me?
Thanks

I’ve had the same idea to look for a good plan and likewise got bogged down in trying to google it. Eventually good old YouTube yielded some good info and ideas.

Here’s one I liked. Search/google “Outdoors With the Morgan’s” their video - “#57 Awesome Shooting Bench Build”. (Easy to find but I won’t post a link to help reduce chance of virus.) It was practical and pretty well done. The build, dimensions, and materials list are described and shown. I haven’t built it yet, but it’s on my to-do projects list! 👍

Right handed shooter

IMGP0001.jpg
[/URL]

IMGP0002.jpg
[/URL]

Left or right handed shooter

IMGP0007.jpg
[/URL]

IMGP0003.jpg
[/URL]

1 1/2" plywood as a top. You can get this wood at supply houses that carry cabinet maker grade of wood, or glue/screw two pieces of 3/4" pieces of plywood together with wood glue and deck screws. I put two handles on the front of mine, and one on the back for ease of carrying.

ON the sides, I cut V notches to lean guns up against while cooling.

I use screw on legs with an angle of around 15*. These were sold with 4 legs and 3 legs, I prefer the 4 leg.

I put two coats of fiberglass resin on mine and the shooting table is in great condition from 30 years ago.

This makes a shooting table so sturdy you can put four fat dudes on it and still be stable.

Swivel shooting benches are great, they are just very expensive.

legs for table plans above-1 1/2" pipe legs available at Lowes, Home Depot. I sell 4 of the brackets for $87 plus postage, three for $75 if you like the tri pod type, which is great for the plans that is used for a right or left handed shooter.

IMGP0050%201.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Thanks Guys. I guess I'm just to old school when it comes to getting stuff off the computer. Too many bad actors on the web.
Looks like I've got a Saturday project. Just layed out a 200 yard range on my property, and had the neighbor bring his skid loader over to make a backstop mound. Itching to start fine tuning my coyote loads for this season.
Thanks

Here are two "portable" shooting benches I made. The first is for my 100 yard rifle range, the 2nd is for my 300 rifle range. I've since made 3 more for friends and neighbors.

100 yard rifle range:

P2aTazv.jpg

300 yard range:

v8YI8uh.jpg

Back