Nosler Varmageddons 55gr plastic tip for .223 REM

arlaunch

Howdy folks,

I see Brownells has these back in stock. A guy can buy 500 for a pretty good price.

Nosler Varmageddons

Anybody have any experience with these?

I have found the 55gr BT's to shoot better than any other bullet to date. They have gotten very expensive though.

I picked up a box of V-Max 55's to do a little Vmax vs Varmageddon comparison.

The Nosler BT's are in a league of their own.

Yea they are getting expensive.

When I started using Noslers they where 26.00
a 250pk, not a sale price either.

As prices have been going up, I have been introducing
V-maxes to my rifles.

I to have been wondering about Varmageddons

I have no experience with them so I hope you
get some replies from a bunch that do. I'm
curious as well to as how well they shoot.

The Varm's are more accurate than the 55g ballistic tip in my Rem sps sporter, and they shoot tiny bug holes with a hot load of Benchmark, with cci 450's sealing the deal.

Have use the Nosler 55's with the orange tip. Shoot very good. I have also used the v max 55's. I really see no difference except the price.

Originally Posted By: MGYSGTHave use the Nosler 55's with the orange tip. Shoot very good. I have also used the v max 55's. I really see no difference except the price.

The construction of the BT's and the V-max are very different.

The Varm's and the V-Max seem to be closely related.

I will have both soon, then do some measuring.

Very accurate bullet. I get the blems or over runs from Shooters Pro Shop at a great price. Deadly on yotes

Last edited:
Sorry I shoot 55's not in a 223 but a 6mm.
The ballistic tip , purple tip, work much better then the Varmageddon. I shoot them at 4200 fps I don't know if the VDG explode leaving the barrel all the time but if they make it to the intended target they splash even on prairie dogs. Horrible at any price in my gun.

55g varmageddons are insanely accurate in my 22-250. definitely not fur friendly in my experience. slowing them down in a .223 may provide more desireable performance on fur.

I've been using these for a couple years in my 223, and knocked off a few praire dogs with them.

Super accurate.

Originally Posted By: arlaunchI am not sure who came out with the design for these plastic tip super bullets first?

Norma was first that I know of, then Nosler.

I've used both the 55 gr Varmageddons and V-maxes on prairie dogs and both do the job accurately and with a substantial amount of damage. I got the Nosler's on sale too and loaded them up with BL(C)-2 and CCI 400's with sub-MOA accuracy. If you can get them for cheap, I would recommend them. It seems to me they outperform the Hornady's in regards to destruction.

evry gun i own i shoot nosler bt in.
22-250,243,25-300 wsm,270 wsm,7mm rem mag, 300 wsm
im a firm believer in that bullet. they shoot like a lazer and are the true definition of a hunting bullet

Back