Dead Air Sandman L

Wood Smoke II

If you own and are shooting a Dead Air Sandman L , then let's hear what you have to say about it. Story time. Brag on it or dog cuss it. What rifle(s) do you shoot with it, are you pleased with the QD mount, did you buy it retail or online, and whatever you want to say about the Sandman. If you have shot someone else's Sandman then what'd you think? Not concerned about how it compares or rates versus other suppressors, splitting hairs on decibel levels, or tech talk. If you have a Sandman S then please share your comments on it also. Pictures of your rifle/Sandman are good too! Thanks.

I have the sandman s and love it. Shot it it with a c.5 creedmoor and 3 different 22-250's and a 17 hmr,Love it. Also have the dead air ghost and 22 mask, waiting on a sandman k and another mask right now.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrI have the sandman s and love it. Shot it it with a c.5 creedmoor and 3 different 22-250's and a 17 hmr,Love it. Also have the dead air ghost and 22 mask, waiting on a sandman k and another mask right now.
thumbup1.gif

thumbup1.gif
Thanks.

I have a sandman TI, direct thread version of L so can’t comment on the QD. Suppression and tone are awesome. On a 12” contender sbr .17 hornet it sounds like someone cracking a bullwhip a hundred yards away, loaded some subsonic rounds for giggles and you literally couldn’t hear anything but the hammer drop and the bullet hit down range. On a 20” savage in 6.5x47L it is very pleasant, could shoot all day without ear pro, reduces recoil significantly, and still shoots in the .2’s. Sounds about like a pellet gun on an 8” ar sbr with 300 blk subs, but in a 16” ar with 300 blk supers it’s actually not wonderful...I wear hearing pro if I need to shoot more than a round or two. Overall super happy with it, but already “need” a second rifle can, which will be shorter and lighter for supersonic hunting rifles that get carried in the field, and the sandman will be for bench and subsonic guns.

Have a Sandman L that I switch between a 6.8 Spc Daniel Defence and a Ruger Gunsite Scout in 308. Also have a Sandman S that I switch between two 7.62 x 39 Rock River Lar 47's. I have several 30 cal cans from the 1970's, 80's, and 90's and the Dead Airs are noticeably quieter and LIGHTER !!! What I really respect is the lack of POI shift when taking them off and reattaching between rifles. Don't shoot the rifles without a suppressor so I don't care about that POI shift with suppressor on or off.

Well, I ended up with a Sandman L and a DA Mask & both are very nice. Got pretty lucky and got my stamps approved in under 9 months. Bought an extra DA keymount muzzle brake for the Sandman to install on my Ruger American, as well as my the AR. The Sandman q.d. feature is pretty slick. 👍

Back