Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3205274 - 06/05/19 02:23 PM Re: Opinions on a new knife. [Re: RePete]
jcs271 Online
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Montana Territory
The 119 is nice but would not hold up to the stated use of being able to baton it through wood. I have a vanguard in my hunting pack and love it but not for the purposes above. Buck does not to my knowledge make any heavy chopper type knives and their warranty does not cover "abuse" which is exactly the purpose we are discussing.
Becker, Esee and Tops also have lifetime warranties but are specifically made for this purpose and are advertised as such. The TOPS are actually differentially heat treated so that the spine is softer than the 58RC blades so that it does not shatter on impact.

P.S. Esee and TOPS are both made in Idaho USA by freedom loving Americans! Which is very important to me also.

"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

#3205299 - 06/05/19 09:31 PM Re: Opinions on a new knife. [Re: jcs271]
RePete Offline
PM senior

Loc: Idaho (Clearwater County)
Obviously you just want to argue and try to prove how smart you are to everyone and I'm not in the mood for it so you'll have to continue without me.

#3205315 - 06/06/19 08:30 AM Re: Opinions on a new knife. [Re: Rock Knocker]
jcs271 Online
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Montana Territory
That was not my intention at all. Sorry if you got that impression. It is just a topic I know something about and wanted to steer the op in the right direction and away from what I thought was advice about a product that would not work for his purposes. Nothing else. Again, sorry if it appeared personally offensive. JCS

"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Tim Neitzke 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.