Bergara HMR Pro 6.5 Creedmoor Scope Options

TXCOONDOG

I’m mounting a SWFA SS fixed 20x MIl-Quad scope on this rifle until I decide which scope to buy to use on the range (1000-1500yds) and hunting.

I like to dial when time permits, but as you know, you don’t always have time to dial when hunting so I’m looking for a scope that has a dial and reticle that are both in MOA.

I was looking at a Leupold VX-6 3-18x 50 or 4-24x 52 with the dials and the T-MOA.

Would like to hear other opinions. Any other options I should consider?

Low end should be no more than 4.5 with a max of 30 and max price 2k.

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGI’m mounting a SWFA SS fixed 20x MIl-Quad scope on this rifle until I decide which scope to buy to use on the range (1000-1500yds) and hunting.

I like to dial when time permits, but as you know, you don’t always have time to dial when hunting so I’m looking for a scope that has a dial and reticle that are both in MOA.

I was looking at a Leupold VX-6 3-18x 50 or 4-24x 52 with the dials and the T-MOA.

Would like to hear other opinions. Any other options I should consider?

Low end should be no more than 4.5 with a max of 30 and max price 2k.

I have the old model non HD VX6 3-18x50 w/TMOA reticle on my 20-250 and it's been a great scope. Optics are very good, the reticle is great for quick holdover shooting and it's not a particularly heavy scope.

But, as with most things, Leupold has certainly improved them with the new VX6 HD as well as they've introduced the new VX5 HD and Mark 5HD scopes and they are definitely better than the non HD VX6 like I have.

Are they twice the cost better, personally, I'm not sure they are, but the new VX6 HD, VX5 HD, and MK 5HD are certainly very nice scopes and I don't think any of them will disappoint you.

I really like that new Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 and sure would like to put one on my new SP10 6.5 CM but considering what I've spent the last two weeks I better hold off for now. I have a Vortex HS-T sitting on the shelf I better use or my wife may put me in a spending time out.

I'm not a real huge fan of Vortex scopes but for a fairly inexpensive scope that actually does a pretty good job, those Vortex HS-T scopes are pretty decent.

Another option, especially if you want something with spot on accuracy for dialing and with a great holdover reticle, you can usually pick up used but nearly NF NXS 3.5-15x50 scopes with HS turrets and zero stops in the $1200 +/- range also. You don't see a lot of NF scopes for sale here but there are always a few for sale over on the LRH forum.

I was out shooting prairie dogs with my gun that has a vx5hd 3-15 on it there was pretty good mirage and I could see the prairie dogs very easily. It’s a great scope has the same glass as the vx6hd.

Back