ANYBUDDY USE A CHEST RIG

Stroble

I have a chest rig ordered will arrive this week, this past winter I used a carpenters chest apron I did some modifications to it and I did like using it only down side it was hard to get things back in the pockets after pulling them out to use. This is a chest rig not a pack these are used by law enforcement an armed forces,just wondering if any one else uses this setup.

Good gear will last you while hunting, that is for sure. I usually throw the call and a decoy (if used) in a small back pack. Pack also holds one spare magazine, water, snack, etc. Just carry chair in one hand and rifle in the other.

I do have a couple of chest rigs set up though. I run a slick plate carrier, so I have one set up for 5.56 and one for 7.62

I've thought about running one, but didn't want landowners and such seeing me and thinking I was trying to play GI Joe. That said, I think they could be set up to be very handy when calling.

I started using a Haley chest rig last year, and am completely sold on it. I can carry everything I need right on my chest, without needing to tote a backpack. Absolutely the only way to go, in my opinion.

I was active duty army for five years and worked as a civ for another four, all using chest rigs (molle plate carrier w accessories) or an lbv type system. Im sure something similar would work great for hunting. I personally just picked up a bino xr from badlands. It is kind of big, but will hold quite a bit on the plus side. Reason i wanted it is because im going to try and rig a map holder to the inside of the main flap. Fold it down and you basically have a little table right in your “work space” as we used to call it. im also hoping it will be a bit cooler to wear when its warm out on hikes or camping. Time will tell though.

I also use, and love my Hill People Gear Heavy Recon chest rig. As said above, everything I need is right there in front of me. I love the full sized pistol pocket, and am able to deploy my handgun on a moments notice, about as fast as drawing from a holster.

Most of my other packs go unused now.

A chest rig works well if you need to take a lot of smaller items into the field and need them to be easily accessible. I use one during the day when I take binoculars and I almost always use one at night as you need to have things very organized at night. Here is my chest rig totally geared up. I typically wouldn't have my thermal scanner and binos at the same time, but just showing how much it can hold.
Haley.jpg
This is the Haley Chest Rig From Night Goggles mentioned earlier.

The Haley rig doesn't have a large center compartment as mine shows. What Tom from Night Goggles recommended to me was to open the seam between the 2 center ammo pouches making one larger one and that worked great.

When I don't wear a chest rig is when temps are really warm.

I posted this not far down this page, but here you go again. I don't get to night hunt, so I just need basic daytime hunting gear. I use the Alaska Guide Creations.

Here's a picture of my rig with everything tucked up:
SnuggleBuddyClosed-M.jpg

And laid out:
SnuggleBuddyOpen-M.jpg

20191103_190437.jpg
[/img]

This is the rig I got,I know for me it's the only way to carry my hand/mouth calls and other gear.
Picture will not post. Can't figure out how to make it post. Can anyone direct me how to do this?

Last edited:
You need to put a picture on a website/hosting page. Here are some Sites. Once your picture or pictures are uploaded, each one will have a link (URL). When in Predator Masters and in a message, you click on the image icon, and put in the link, and the image appears in that message/post

Here’s my chest pouch set up. Alaskan Guide Creations bino pouch. Added a couple of FHF gear pouches for my rangefinder and remote. The remote fits really well in the Rhino gps pouch. In the daytime I carry my binos in the main pouch but at night I leave them and put whatever else in it, usually a white light to use when doing recovery and my gloves and toboggan. Carry a drag in the bottom pocket, cell phone in the top flap, some diagrams and a hand call or two in the front pouch, toilet paper in a bag and some latex gloves in the mesh pocket, extra batteries in one side pocket, and few extra shotgun shells in the other side pocket.

38705935994_7c96212602_o_d.jpg

I also went through the backpack experience, just didn't work for me. I ended up putting together a mix of tactical stuff to accommodate my needs. I started off with a HSGI war belt, all molle attachements, I use a set of Emdom battle suspenders to carry the load. I have misc pouches for extra ar mag, shotgun rounds, firestarter, rimfire pistol and first aid kit. Most importantly I use a dump pouch I modified to hold a Shockwave, and a separate pouch for the remote. My foam seat cushion hangs off the back and I have a caribiner to clip my drag onto. I spend quite a few days on the snowmachine all day, this rig I have been using for 4 years and it has worked out well.

Just noticed that Adam and I are virtually twins. I'm going to have to try the FHF Rhino pouch for my remote; I like that!

Adam, does a smart phone fit in the bottom zippered pouch on that AGC?

Back