Lantac Dragon

pyscodog

Anyone use one of these. I bought one for my Creed and it seems to be working really well. Reduces recoil and also keeps the muzzle jump down a bunch. It is loud though.

I had on on my Creed but swapped it out for a VG6.5. Apples to apples really I just didn’t care for the radical look that it has, but it does work and it is loud. Price you pay though with a muzzlebrake . PVA is another good one one as well.

It does what they said it would including loud. It matchs the contour of the barrel also. I'll use it until I find something I like better.

I have a APA Lil' Bastrd on my 6.5, and a VG6 Gamma 556 on my AR, i havent shot the 6.5 yet, but the VG6 made a HUGE improvement over the A2 i was using. Like night and day difference.

I wanted a Vias but I couldn't seem to find just the right one. I have a smith that makes his own Vias style breaks ands will contour to your barrel but he's in Texas on vacation and I got impatient. I really don't have a problem with it but my shooting buddies don't care for it much.

Last edited:
My smith will thread and contour a stainless break for $100, break included and a CM for $90 unless he has went up on prices. They are a copy of the Vias and work really good.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOpinions vary.

Very, very true. I personally just don’t think it’s necessary for that caliber. Unless you shoot a ton and are really recoil sensitive. Having said that though they do look awesome on the rifles.

Its cool seeing your hits also. I have one on a 223. I didn't put it on, it came with the rifle I bought used. It is nice when the rifle barely moves when a round goes off. Agreed that either rifle really needs a break due to recoil.

thumbup1.gif
On the Hornets. They are fun to shoot.

There aren't many rifles that aren't better with a brake...or suppressor. Its not about felt recoil, its about shooting form, and spotting shots. I despise brakes because they are loud...but if I didn't have a suppressor, every centerfire rifle I owned would have a very aggressive brake.

If you want a nice brake, costly but nice. Check out the sac titan. I ran one on my 458 socom for them as a trial for the caliber and it was amazing. It’s about 3-1-2” long. Which on my 14.5” barrel wasn’t bad. It’s a titanium piece also. Johns a [beeep] of a guy too

Back