Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3117836 - 12/31/17 09:27 AM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Tbone-AZ]
70sdiver Offline
Predator Master

Loc: richland,wa
I put most all of them up until they start rubbing.The more you do the quicker it becomes ,sewing them is what I really dislike I shoot most of mine with a .223 so don’t have to sew many really been thinking of making a .17/223 upper I average about 50 here in wa state but have had a few hit 80 dollar mark.I wish I lived closer to you Yotarunner I would buy them all lol.

#3164117 - 09/21/18 11:58 PM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Tbone-AZ]
azcatter Offline
Predator Master

Loc: tucson az-ada okla
I averaged 35 on the ones from around tucson low was 3 bucks high was 95. It takes me less than 30 min to put up a coyote comes out to 70 dollars a hour kinda stupid not to put up you can't look at it as a single skin only a few may not be worth it but the average on 100 makes it worth while

#3166022 - 10/07/18 07:02 PM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Yotarunner]
MartyB Offline
Predator Master

Loc: NE
Originally Posted By: Yotarunner
Wow I'm amazed at the fluctuation between areas not to mention how little some guys are getting and still willing to put up. I don't put any up myself but friends are getting an avg of 100-130$ at auction. I don't have the facilities to put up myself so I sell whole and am getting an avg of $35.

Can you drive across the border to E. Montana with them?

I'll make em avg more than $35usd and you still wont have to skin one. smile

#3168564 - 10/25/18 12:16 AM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Tbone-AZ]
mart Online
Seasoned Member

Loc: Wasilla, AK
When I lived in the lower 48, I trapped and called coyotes every year regardless of the price. I put up fur for several callers in the area and did it for half. I handled all the skinning, fur handling and marketing and gave them half of what I got for the furs based on the overall average. A couple of callers griped about the percentage. I told them they were welcome to skin, flesh, sew, stretch, dry, turn and market the hides on their own. The guys who brought me fur on a regular basis loved the arrangement regardless of the price.

#3168710 - 10/25/18 07:39 PM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: mart]
spotstalkshoot Online
Die Hard Member II

Loc: so.mn
It costs me 8.00 to have a coyote skinned/stretched and shipped to NAFA. About 4-4.50 for raccoon. I still put up my Red fox, they are so easy. Occasionally I trap muskrat, I still put them up. If I don't think a coyote will bring 10.00 it gets tossed, raccoon need to look like for sure 7.50 or it gets sold whole.

#3169144 - 10/28/18 06:12 PM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Tbone-AZ]
6724 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: colorado
i get $75 for every hide I keep. I don't keep them unless they are pretty nice.
Fur buyer gets some that are worth double what she pays, and others that are worth half what she pays. It averages out to a happy fur buyer. I also switched to a 17-223 and have almost no complaints about holes anymore.

#3169408 - 10/30/18 07:40 AM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Tbone-AZ]
MartyB Offline
Predator Master

Loc: NE
oooh that's nice. Who's your fur buyer?

Can I have her number?

#3176455 - 12/08/18 12:44 AM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: MartyB]
Yotarunner Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Far east central alberta
Originally Posted By: MartyB
Wow I'm amazed at the fluctuation between areas not to mention how little some guys are getting and still willing to put up. I don't put any up myself but friends are getting an avg of 100-130$ at auction. I don't have the facilities to put up myself so I sell whole and am getting an avg of $35.

Can you drive across the border to E. Montana with them?

I'll make em avg more than $35usd and you still wont have to skin one. smile

I have often wondered if I could do that. Thought it would suck to drive 5 hrs to the border to get turned away or worse get my dogs taken away.

#3182270 - 01/02/19 01:20 AM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Tbone-AZ]
Kevin23 Offline

Loc: Iowa
You can ship them in, why can't you drive them in? Maybe some state laws saying fur can't enter the states.

Here in Iowa we legally have to retrieve all furbearers (including coyotes), then wanton waste laws apply and you have to use the "usable hide". So if you don't want to deal with it just blow a big ol hole in them with the .243 and convince the warden that its not usable and you are golden. Probably still have to take them from public land, I don't hunt public so I don't know about that. Most private land coyote hunting around me is done for predator control and not many leave the spot they were dropped in.. minus the tail for a farmer bounty. I have someone that takes them from me whole, what he does with them I do not know. So the price would have to be pretty high for me to be skinning them. However I am currently toying with the idea of skinning a few and trying to tan them and make something cool in the spring.

Edited by Kevin23 (01/02/19 01:21 AM)

#3204404 - 05/24/19 05:26 PM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Yotarunner]
22 Chuck Offline

Loc: Montmorency Co, MI

It looks like you could get 3x that (minimum) if you skinned and sent to auction yourself.

#3204407 - 05/24/19 05:45 PM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Tbone-AZ]
Brad Phillips Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Gilbertville, IA
I put up everything, have for years. I think you either like it or you don't.

#3205185 - 06/04/19 10:17 AM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Tbone-AZ]
marcus_robinson Offline

Loc: Southern Utah
I only sent in 3 coyotes to NAFA this year. Average of $82. $118, $48 and $80

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.