In your opinion - Best IR light available??

I don’t know if it’s the “best or the brightest “ but both I and my partner switched to “predator tactics xxl coyote reaper” with an 850. We both left the light all the way on dim all the time and had the rubber shield on. We never had a single coyote flare from the red light which was amazing because It was getting to be extremely common for them to at least get nervous and keep looking at it but after switching to that light the signature must not have been as bad. With the light on low I still killed several past 300 yds and could see them fine. There’s plenty of good lights out there but we don’t have much to complain about this one.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOriginally Posted By: paulsSteiner SPIR.

Yup, mine is awesome

Sky,

At $750 do you have a spare one laying around you aren’t using;-)

Originally Posted By: SkyPupIt is the most powerful weapon mounted IR beam I have....
How is the signature? Very noticeable?

It has a faint red glow on the IR LED as do all other 850nm IR LEDs, however since it reaches out 600+ yards it definitely is not a problem.....

SPIR%20&%20Spyderco.jpg

SPIR%20Low%20Conc%20Magnified.jpg

I have one mounted to my Night Vision camera setup, works awesome.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisSkypup,

Do you need my mailing address??

I use both of mine, they are not for sale.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisSkypup,

Do you need my mailing address??

I use both of mine, they are not for sale.

Never said anything about buying them, just borrowing them for the next 10 or so years;-)

I may be bias a bit, but have tested almost every IR light out there. I love the SPIR, and the MAWL's but the best pound for pound cost effective IR light (for $199) out to 800 yards has to be the Torch Pro. It's still our #1 accessory of all time.

TorchPRO_5-1-473844.jpg

products-MDH-Torch-Pro-MKII-19-968488.jpg

My TorchPros are an excellent IR Illuminator and will cover 98% of NV hunting applications and is much cheaper than my MAWL and SPIRs.

Back