Ruger PCC... talk me out of it?

GC

Been eyeballing the pistol caliber carbine from Ruger. I like it! Looks like fun. Might be handy around the place and especially so for the wife. Cheap to shoot, always a plus. Fun is a good enough reason to buy a new gun, right? Maybe...

The logical part of me says, forget that and buy another AR. The PCC is as heavy as an AR. The recoil is about the same because the PCC is a blowback action. The AR in 5.56 is more versatile. I have a bunch of AR magazines and gear set up for that platform. The wife is well versed on the AR. Another AR is never a bad thing.

Decisions...

I purchased this rifle a year ago and quickly became a favorite to shoot.I have close to 700 rnds through it off defferent manufactured ammo and I cant get it to have a fale to fire or eject no matter what ammo I shoot.I can see the day coming when ruger could have this in several hand gun caliber cartridges.357 mag. would be a dandy!.Accuracy was awesome I put a scope on mine just to shoot 100yrd and was pleasantly surprised at its accuracy.I have since put a red dot back on it.The ghost ring sites work well.In my opinion ruger has a home run with it.

I got one last week with the aluminum hand guard, love it so far. I have ordered the new Leupold red dot sight for it, might be a good close range calling gun.

I'm a ruger fan at heart but i see a potential advantage of staying w the ar platform and going with one of the pistol caliber carbines in the ar style w the glock mags.....just my thoughts.....comments???? More potential parts and mag compatibility and availability? Then again, who needs a reason to get another fine weapon?!?! I'll be the horned one on your other shoulder, GC.....buy two....one for you in 40 and one for the wife in 9......you're welcome!

Last edited:
I bought one about a month ago in the 9 and makes me giggle every time I shoot that dang thing, and it runs flawlessly with a suppressor. GC I'm sure you have a Glock mag
or two laying around. The Ruger comes with a mag well kit you can install to take their mags as well.

I believe so. Go over to guns of America and search Clay Martin's review on it. In his video you can watch the giggle factor. I'm not to good at posting links.

Just Google Ruger PCC and his video comes up. It does have a giggle factor. Makes you want one even more after you watch the video.

I was tossing around the idea of the Ruger or putting together a AR pcc,I wanted something that used Glock mags I ended up with a FX9 which is about the same price as the Ruger but not really a AR it uses some common AR parts, but now thinking the Ruger was the way to go.
It takes Glock mags has a trigger compatible with some 10/22 trigger parts and it's fairly inexpensive.
If you put together a AR with a magwell adapter you could always change it into something else AR wise but it gets more expensive going that route IMO

They have two at the local GS. One with the metal handguard and the regular one. There was very little noticeable difference in the weight. The store employee said it would take about any size (9mm)Glock mag as long as it was double stack.

Back