First time PD shoot

Time for a report. First time for any of us. 5 guys on a guided hunt in eastern Wyoming. Dogs from 40 to 400 yds. Pups out. It took us about a half day to figure out what we were looking for. Guide would say, "see that one?" We would say, "where?" Afternoon we started seeing targets. We were on private land with HUGE town. Shot all day in one spot with no lack of targets. Next day we went to a different spot on the same town and shot all day. 4000 rounds among us and getting better as we went.
Some tips: As a first timer, our guides were excellent. They had great sites, understanding, and advice. I would go back with the same guide and getting comfortable that I was not wasting any time. We drove in and were ready to shoot.highly recommend this approach to get productive.
I should have sited in my rifles for MPBR. It would have increased our success rate.
Accurate AR in 223 was great. 17WSM was as good as it could be. My son was hitting at 300-350yds predictably in wind.
17HMR was excellent under 200 yds
Under 100 yds, 10/22 was perfect.
Definitely will go back. Definitely will use the same guide.
Too bad there aren't prairie dogs everywhere.
I've been following this forum for about a year and thanks to everyone who helped by posting the great information here.

That sounds great. Last year I took two 17 HMRs, used them just a bit. This year I will leave them at home. I like the effectiveness of the 223, 204 on up better.

The 17 HMR is still my preferred round for around the home acreage for the possum/coon sized varmints. Those are usually inside 50 yards.

Back