Suppressed .22lrs

Scrumbag

Hello folks,

Anyone else enjoy hunting with .22lrs?

I use a Brno Model-2 with a shortened barrel, end of barrel moderator, Boyd's varmint hunter stock and currently umming and ahhing about a new scope - Very quiet with RWS subs

Thinking about adding a Browning SA-22 with an end of barrel moderator and a red dot on a cantilever rail for easy take down packing if carrying the .223 Rem or .257 Roberts. Quiet appeals knocking over squirrels, rabbits, crows / magpies in very quiet circumstances
wink.gif

Any recommendations on red dots?
What do people use for their .22lrs?

Scrummy

I haven't hunted with it in a long time, but my 77/22 with a suppressor on the muzzle is my favorite rifle. I've put fancier scopes on it, but always come back to a $49 Bushnell Dusk to Dawn scope I got when I was 13, around the time I got the rifle. This one was fitted with a Hogue 10/22 barrel, that I believe was made for them by Clark Custom, and finished in Birdsong Green-T. You'd call me a liar if I posted a 10-shot group from a sandbag at 50 yards! But it shoots well.
nvcOdaq.jpg

I suppose I should add a picture of my .22lr rig:

Old Brno Model - 2 with a bad crown, barrel cut back so is handy length (I think 16") and a Swift Stumpy moderator on the end and put in a Boyds Rimfire Hunter stock.

The scope and mounts: I really need to fix these. Some cheapo see through rimfire mounts and a Swarovski 3-9x36 Scope.

Think I need something with a bigger objective for dusk bunny bashing, perhaps an adjustable objective and maybe a hashed reticle.

Scrummy

S2o8SZi.jpg

ive got a ruger 10/22 with an A&B bull barrel on it. wears a silencerco sparrow (gen1). its very happy with norma hp subs.

optics are an older (reliable) simmons 4-12x40, which gets it done well enough for now.

for night hunting i have an 'add a rail' on the front of the scope to hold an eagle-tac t100 w/ a tape switch.

just one of many criters ive taken suppressed with it since the rules changed here in mi:)
Cu3HqaH.jpg

Originally Posted By: Plant.Oneive got a ruger 10/22 with an A&B bull barrel on it. wears a silencerco sparrow (gen1). its very happy with norma hp subs.

optics are an older (reliable) simmons 4-12x40, which gets it done well enough for now.

for night hunting i have an 'add a rail' on the front of the scope to hold an eagle-tac t100 w/ a tape switch.

just one of many criters ive taken suppressed with it since the rules changed here in mi:)
Cu3HqaH.jpg

I am wondering about adding a .22lr Semi Auto to the collection! Something like an SA-22 with a can on packs down very small
wink.gif

Back