Tikka Trouble

Quote:Factory Tikka rings are junk. Buy quality aftermarket.

I agree the factory rings that came with the older T3 models weren't the best. Specifically the screws and with new screws they were better.
The Tikka Optilocks from Beretta on my T3x are very good.

i am currently waiting for a pic rail and warne rings that i ordered to try and see if it makes a difference. I will keep you posted when I find out anything

Originally Posted By: ToddNEi am currently waiting for a pic rail and warne rings that i ordered to try and see if it makes a difference. I will keep you posted when I find out anything

Make sure to bed your rail with acraglass or loc tite before screwing it down.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogLeupold has rings and bases for Tikka's also. I used them and never had any issues.

Factory Tikka rings are junk. Buy quality aftermarket.
I keep hearing that the factory rings on tikka's are junk.
What the heck do you guys do with your rifles? They aren't baseball bats!
I purchased mine (7mm-08) the first year they hit the market, purchased a 308, and 30-06 the next year. They ride on wheelers, get dropped out of tree stands, fall on stone walls when leaning against trees. THEY ALL HELD ZERO!!!! no issues what so ever. In my opinion this is one of those internet myths. Just like the one that says you can't single feed a tikka and that you must feed through the magazine. Bull!!! All three of mine you can single feed.

Opinions vary. The original Tikka rings were aluminum. Ya they work but the screws were notorious for stripping out. Steel screws and aluminum usually bind up over time and when they do the screws will pull the threads right out of the rings. Glad yours are working for you.

I got a warne pic rail and warne mountain tech rings mounted and torqued to spec and went out and shot. Guess what it dialed right in and shot better than before!! Not saying the talley rings had a problem but they sure didn't work on my gun this time! Thank you everyone for you suggestions. I'm just glad to get the problem resolved

There ya go!!
thumbup1.gif

I use the factory Tikka aluminum on my T3 .223. They work but have had them slip; I guess this was due to not having enough torque on the screws.

On my T3x .22-250 1/8 twist, I went with the Mountain Tactical steel 20MOA picatinny and Nightforce rings. That and the scope added considerable weight to a sporter rifle. If I had to do over, I would have gone with something lighter. I just love how light the .223 is.

Back