Oversized chamber

bmash

I had an issue with sizing my 204 Ruger brass (actually shaved some metal off the case) so I sent the die and two fired cases to Forster. They called and said they polished the feed on the die but my brass was 6 thousands over size! They stated the rifle may not be safe like this. I plan to call the barrel company on Monday, but meanwhile thoughts on safety and brass life ? I have shot it a good bit with no issues but I bet I won't get many firings from that brass!!
(Reamer drawing shows 0.3769"@0.20" from the head. Fired case measures 0.384"@0.25" from head, so about 0.007" over reamer! Sized case goes back to 0.374.)
This is not a cheap barrel! It is from a major quality company and came already chambered for an AR.. I'll save their name until after I talk with them.

Better would have been an email to check my chamber BEFORE I stretched a bunch of brass and had to buy another company's barrel for my prairie dog hunt. That and the money I lost from having it threaded for a suppressor!
I am not happy.

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI would tell them you want the new barrel threaded at their expense. Plus some new brass.
I was thinking about that - I will do so and see what they say. Thanks

Back