Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3204447 - 05/25/19 09:24 AM Re: How far do deer run after being shot with an arrow?? [Re: Yote Newb]
Tim Neitzke Offline

Loc: Michigan
A truly spine shot deer will never get up and run away.

#3204493 - 05/25/19 08:43 PM Re: How far do deer run after being shot with an arrow?? [Re: Tim Neitzke]
Dultimatpredator Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Tim Neitzke
A truly spine shot deer will never get up and run away.

Wanna bet, I hate to admit but I’ve shot several in years past and have recovered two different deer dead in my fields a month later with the arrow lodged in between the vertebrae's of their backbones. There was enough power to knock them off their feet but both deer recovered and walked away. I can remember the one buck laying on the ground having spasms and shaking fit about 2 minutes. It then walk back-and-forth three times rolling over to its stomach, got up to its feet and walked away. If I knew it was going to do that I would’ve put another arrow threw it. I have back boned a good half dozen that dropped and never got back up. It just depends if you hit the deer between it vertebrae and cut the spinal cord paralyzing it...or if you hit it directly on a vertebra and not completely penetrating or braking it.

This was with a Horton crossbow shooting 310 FPS.

Edited by Dultimatpredator (05/25/19 08:51 PM)

#3204515 - 05/26/19 02:00 AM Re: How far do deer run after being shot with an arrow?? [Re: Yote Newb]
Tim Neitzke Offline

Loc: Michigan
What I should have said, hit solid to do spinal cord damage.
That said any deer not hit in the vitals needs a follow up shot quick.

To many people watch the deer flop and roll around , thinking its a done deal.

#3204518 - 05/26/19 07:17 AM Re: How far do deer run after being shot with an arrow?? [Re: Yote Newb]
Dultimatpredator Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wisconsin
I still have an ulcer thinking about a good half a dozen that did this and forgot back up. I now own a 400 FPS model with more knock down power and flatter shooting so It zero to 35 yards. The slower, back boner was zeroed at 35 yards so it hit about 3.5” high, at close range causing the high shots. I was also using light, aluminum bolt at the time causing lack of penetration vs Kevlar bolts now.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.