.204 39 gr speer tnt, your results

just curious as to how many of you are shooting this bullet and what kind of accuracy and terminal effect on critters? I shoot a 20 tactical and a 2o vartarg, both with 1-10 twist..
thx

I am playing with them in my 20 Practical AR right now. They are showing potential. I fired 12 three shot groups and all were 3/4” or better. I believe I can tighten those up.

I have been using them for several years now in 204, 20Tac and 20Prac for coyotes and they really do the job on coyotes. They are accurate and you can't beat the price on them. Used in 10, 11 and 12 twist with no problems.

Gene

I use speer tnt in my 204 and like them for P.D.'s. Tried them on coyotes and they did the job but I didn't like the exit hole so I went to a bigger hollow point. I sell the hides and try for one hole and very little sewing. Good bullet and I use Speer bullets a lot in my 223 and they do the job.

Rudy

I use speer tnt in my 204 and like them for P.D.'s. Tried them on coyotes and they did the job but I didn't like the exit hole so I went to a bigger hollow point. I sell the hides and try for one hole and very little sewing. Good bullet and I use Speer bullets a lot in my 223 and they do the job.

Rudy
Try 35 Berger FBHP.

35 gr Berger FBHP is the best performing fur bullet I’ve tried. Rarely an exit. Excellent terminal performance. I have not tried Speer TNT so cannot give my thoughts.

I used to get splashes with them. I run 40 gr BIB's primarily in my practical. I have run 40 gr Berger's, 35 gr Berger's for years but find the BIB's are the best of the three. In my 204 I run 35 grain Berger's. If I had to rank them I would say 40 gr Bib's, 35 gr Berger's then 40 gr Berger's.

Aren't those 40gr BIB's nearly identical in just about all ways as the Berger 40's? A few years ago I sent a variety of different 20 cal bullets to that AP2020 Outdoors guy that did ballistic gel testing with a bunch of different 20 cal bullets two of them being the 40 BIB and Berger 40's and they performed the same in the gel test as well as had basically the same velocity and POI.

I have always been amazed when guys say they have had issues with splashes with the 35 grain Bergers. I’ve shot a lot of Coyotes with them over the last almost 20 years since the .204 Ruger came out. For me they have been the best coyote bullet by far and I’ve had very few coyotes get away due to splashes. My only complaint is that the B.C on the newer 35 grain Bergers(.176) are disappointing. When they first came out the B.C was (.190) they seemed to work even better.

Good Hunting Chad

I tried most everything in our 204s, and the 39gr BlitzKing was by far the best for accuracy. Never shot a coyote with one, but they turned a prairie dog into a mushy mess.

I’ve thought about trying the 39 grain Blitzkings on Coyotes. Because the B.C is so high . I think (.287) they would definitely give me more range but just don’t know if the jackets are as strong as the Bergers.

I’ve thought about trying the 39 grain Blitzkings on Coyotes. Because the B.C is so high . I think (.287) they would definitely give me more range but just don’t know if the jackets are as strong as the Bergers.
The jackets are extremely light and thin. J4 on the Berger, which is why I like them because they penatrate and come apart inside the coyote without exiting.

Back