Need gps help

Michael Sears

I am looking forward to a month long prairie dog safari to Montana in the next year. I need a good gps that will take the chips like ONX to find public lands. I am looking for gps and chip advice. Will be driving from Alaska so trying to get as much advance planning as possible. Thanks for any input.

I have one of the newer Garmin dezl vehicle units and love the big screen (old eyes) and love it. But any Garmin that takes a micro sd card will work. I have some onx maps BUT I really love the Kirsch 8 western states map, it has become my favorite.

Originally Posted By: cmateraI plan on buying the Kirsch Western map pack myself.

http://www.koutdoorproducts.com/products/traxwest-2/

That's what I have used all over the west for a number of years now. I have a Garmin Oregon 450 and one of their vehicle units (can't remember the number). It's easy to move the chip between the two units - one for cruising down the road to see what's available, and the other on foot to make darn sure you don't stray. A fine combination, and Korey will take good care of you.

Back