Coyote Killing Between Trout Bites

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMP3

I've been very busy spending $$$ and getting ready for primarily trout fishing in the Rockies. I've added 3 new poles and 2 new Ambassadeur C4 reels for lake trout. I've added a Lucky Duck Revolt, and I've spent a lot of time learning how to use it, including hours of watching youtube videos. I've picked up camouflage netting. I've spent a small fortune on new stuff.

Six months ago I picked up a Sauer 100 .222 Rem. I've loaded 200 rounds of 50 grain V-Max bullets using Norma brass, Fed 205M primers, & 51 grains of IMR 4198. I'll load 100 52 grain Speer HP rounds. I should have it covered out to 250 yards. Then a hunting buddy asked about long range coyote killing, which commenced me to thinking.

I have no intention of skinning a coyote. I'm not keeping any I might kill. I have 3 rifles that will kill really big game out to 400 yards, which is my self-imposed max distance: a 46 year-old Model 700 .270 Win, a Sako AV .270 Win, and a Sako AV 7MM Rem Mag. Each one of these rifles will shoot .25" @ a hundred with hand loaded hunting ammo.

So I got to thinking. I have long range rifles. Where I intend to hunt in the Rockies, a 500 yard shot is realistic. So I'm going to load a 100 rounds of .270 Win using 130 grain Sierra GameKings, 59 grains of RL-19, and Fed 210M primers. It'll print .25" @ a hundred. It's impossible to overkill a coyote that's already dead. After death, it's carcass destruction. Since I don't care about evaporating a coyote, I couldn't care less whether one disappears in a fine mist of blood and fur.

I ain't buying another rifle.

What do you guys use for long range coyote killing?

The real thrill would be getting one within 1911-A1 .45 ACP distance. That would be the thrill of a coyote kill.

The only way you'll be able to kill a coyote with that 1911 .45 is if it has all its moving parts. Only two moving parts ain't gonna cut it for coyote hunting. You have been edifided. You're welcome.
rolleyes.gif

You owe me a new keyboard, Gary!
lol.gif

ETA: Coffee caused some of the keys to stop moving.

Regards,
Clarence

Last edited:
GC,

Why are you to frightened to contact Larry Vickers? He won't belittle you.

You're a wannabe who never was nor never will be. Grow up, get a life, and do something with your life. Stalking me on the 'net is a trait of bullies, and all bullies are sissy cowards.

EMP, why don't you just explain the "two moving parts" theory? Some of us are quite sure that there are more than 2 moving parts in the 1911, for instance, as is clearly illustrated in the animation which I previously posted.

As Joe Friday used to say, "Just the facts, mam."

ETA: 1) I can only speak for myself, but, I am not inclined to bother a third party who wrote a book to substantiate your claim. I suspect he has other more important things to do than to settle petty arguments.

2) Could it be that you missed one word in Mr. Vicker's book....say, maybe, the word major, for instance?
Something like: the 1911 has only two major moving parts? I could live with that (barrel/slide), but to claim there are only two moving parts is simply not true, as anyone can see.

I, for one, just hate to see false information put out that some newbies might pick up as fact.

Oh, and it would be very nice to continue the conversation in a more civil tone, omitting the name calling, doncha think?

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: EMP3What do you guys use for long range coyote killing?

you should ask kirk or larry vickers.

btw, what was kirks last name?

Originally Posted By: vahunterQuestion ? How do you get 51 grains of 4198 in a .222 case?

I noticed that myself and thought the same thing.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeHow many moving parts does my single shot shotgun have ?

Just a WAG, but I'd wager more than two.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: vahunterQuestion ? How do you get 51 grains of 4198 in a .222 case?

I noticed that myself and thought the same thing.

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was using the numpad and fumblefingered and meant 21 grains... if nothing else that a google search for .222 and 4198 comes up with that recipient being the "classic" load for 50- and 55gr grain bullets.

i still dont think he's any less of an windbag otherwise.. but yea...

YMMV

Originally Posted By: EMP3

I have no intention of skinning a coyote. I'm not keeping any I might kill. I have 3 rifles that will kill really big game out to 400 yards, which is my self-imposed max distance: a 46 year-old Model 700 .270 Win, a Sako AV .270 Win, and a Sako AV 7MM Rem Mag. Each one of these rifles will shoot .25" @ a hundred with hand loaded hunting ammo.

Hmmmmm!
unsure.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: EMP3GC,

You're a wannabe who never was nor never will be. Grow up, get a life, and do something with your life. Stalking me on the 'net is a trait of bullies, and all bullies are sissy cowards.

You are the guy that made the statement, why don't you explain yourself?

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: EMP3GC,

You are the guy that made the statement, why don't you explain yourself?

I know and he posts personal insults against you and Clarence after he just posted this;

Originally Posted By: EMP3Finally, argumentum ad hominem is logical fallacy. It’s used when one lacks intellectual skills to refute facts. My guess is you haven’t emailed Larry Vickers.

I usually refrain from jumping into this type of deal but when someone throws out words like "ad hominem", it grabs my attention as if this individual might have something with substance to say... contempt without prior investigation... so for myself, being raised from "conventional stock", I had to look up what you are saying. I had a pretty good idea, but I wanted to make certain I don't paint myself into a corner, putting out some info I am not willing to debate if engaged.

Your reference above is not ad hominem fallacy, you are male intellectis. Most all of your info is sourced to Larry Vickers or Chuck Norris or some YouTube source and that information has not been attacked by personal insults directed at you. Your search engines for edification or people you are citing have not been attacked, you have simply been personally insulted.

Search engine for edification;

Quote: Many people misuse this term to be interchangeable with insults, but that’s not correct usage for the purposes of debate. If I say “you’re wrong, and you’re an idiot” I haven’t made an Ad Hominem fallacy; I’ve simply insulted you (still not something that ought to happen in a debate, but not a logical fallacy either). Now if I say “You’re wrong because you’re an idiot” then I have committed the fallacy. The differences in these statements boil down to whether I am attempting to tie views or information about yourself into the validity of the claim you’ve put forth. Essentially if I make a negative statement about the person I am debating as if it was evidence against their point then I have committed the fallacy; if my negative statement had nothing to do with their point then it’s simply an insult.

https://think-liberty.com/philosophy/bad-arguments-vol-2-youre-an-idiot-for-misusing-ad-hominem/

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Your search engines for edification or people you are citing have not been attacked, you have simply been personally insulted.

I wish this board had a Like button.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: pdog2062Early for the Urinary Olympics isn’t it

^^^^^ Going to be a long summer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back