Recommendation for STEREO ear protection

Wyodogger

When Wile E. responds to my howls, I want to know WHERE he is, not just that he's responding. Any recommendations for good quality STEREO earmuffs that won't break the bank?

Thanks for the input, Rob, but those got a lot of negative ratings for the cheap plastic headband that broke. And horrible customer service. Plus the price seems low for a quality unit. I have several $50-60 muffs that work fine--except they aren't stereo.

I'm willing to pay in the $100-150 range for a quality unit. Anyone else have any input?

Originally Posted By: WyodoggerThanks for the input, Bob, but those got a lot of negative ratings for the cheap plastic headband that broke...
Mine has been used about once a week for a couple years going to the range.
I have three of them, one in pink for my bride, no problems with any of them and they are stereo.

I have the same ones as Bob. Around two years old, used weekly and they are still fine. My range, public shooting range, Turkey, Deer, Coyote calling.

They are on the top of the passenger seat in my truck right now. The only down side is if the wind is howling, they pick it up. So you have to turn them down.

UPDATE: I just bought a pair of Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolts. They're stereo, have four-hour power shutoff, are compact and give a good cheek weld, use AAA batteries, and were only $85 from Midway. My mono $50 Howard Leights have worked great for years, so buying their stereo version was a no-brainer.

They worked fine on my first outing yesterday; will let you know if I have issues down the road.

I love the Walker Razor-X neck worn rechargeable ear plugs. Have been wearing my second pair now for about a year. Don't interfere with cheek weld on stock, light wt., and inexpensive. On sale at MidwayUSA now for 89.99 and come in a blue tooth model for 109.99. If they give up the ghost out of warranty they exchanged my pair for about 70 bucks the first time.

Back