New 22 Creed ! What do you guys think of the caliber.

skinney

Director
My apologies for the earlier post that had my Business name included. It was easier for me to embed a link from my Facebook page than to upload to another hosting site and share the picture.

Here's a pic of one of our new rifles we finalized, Carbon Shell ClymR stock, Titanium GLR action, an exclusive Heavy Sendero 16" CF Proof barrel. We have three calibers on these, 22-250, 22 Creed, and the 6 Creed. These are the Rifles that we are using in all of our current videos, for those who were wondering!

Hope you fellas enjoy the Photo! Thanks again!

47881630151_1f3642b6fb_k.jpg

22 Creedmore? Nice looking setup. I suppose it has a fast twist barrel? How much velocity are you giving up with the 16" barrel in the 22 Creed compared to say a 24" barrel?

Several of my friends are using them. Seems to be the shiznit cartridge now-a-days.

Yes sir this one is 22 Creed... Honestly, I have not collected data yet regarding chronograph readings and dope compared to the 22-250, all of that will come very soon! I'll be sure and report or post a video link to the review when I get it done!

That's hotter than 3 kinds of [beeep]! Can't wait for some data and range report and to see what the fur thinks of it!

“I think” it’s gonna be very unfriendly to barrels. I would say my last 6 creed barrel really only went about 900-1000rnds before it should have been replaced. I took it to 1470, and was losing speed every hundred rounds for the last 400-500, progressively more and more.

Morning Skinny,

That is a gorgeous rifle.

The way I see it, the primary criterion for a hunting rifle is accuracy. Cartridge is nowhere near as important as putting a bullet where it needs to go. The world record Yukon moose (largest of 3 North America 3 moose species) was killed with a .303 British. If your new rifle is a tack driver, you're good to go. Secondary is reliability. After that, it's academic. While I know nothing of the .22 Creed, I'm sure it'll kill just as dead as a well-placed bullet from any other cartridge.

About 6 months ago, I bought a Sauer 100 in .222 Rem, a cartridge of astounding accuracy and proven predator killer. I believe Sauer has DC'd the .222 Rem from its rifle lineup. My second choice would have been a .22 PPC. For me, accuracy reigns supreme.

Hey there, awesome looking gun! What are your thoughts between the .22 creedmoor and the 6mm creedmoor as far as a longer range gun goes. I'm looking for a gun for coyotes around the 800yd to 1000yd range.

Thanks,
Matt

Whatever comes in first ;-) I normally don't take shots past 300. I have a .204 that I love and will do most of my hunting with. I'm just wanting a gun that will be consistently capable out to that range and was wondering if the .22 creedmoor or the 6mm would be the better option. Btw, it's pretty easy to tell what the target is at 1000 yards...

Good looking rifle Skinney! You should really enjoy using that Revic scope,I love mine.
I built a 22 CM a while back using an ARC Nucleus action with a 20 inch 1-7 twist X-Caliber barrel in a LH KRG Bravo chassis,Trigger Tech Diamond trigger,ARC M10 rings,and a Revic PMR428 scope.
It shoots real good,pushing 75 gr A-Max's right at 3500 fps.

r7kzCGl.jpg

r4uuvKJ.jpg

With the right bullet and load, a 22CM or 6CM should be capable of 800-1000 yard shots but a coyote gets pretty small at that range. Just saying!

Originally Posted By: MJAndersonHey there, awesome looking gun! What are your thoughts between the .22 creedmoor and the 6mm creedmoor as far as a longer range gun goes. I'm looking for a gun for coyotes around the 800yd to 1000yd range.

Thanks,
Matt

Definitely a 6 for those ranges, better in the wind, more energy, and easier to call a shot.

Originally Posted By: TxhillbillyGood looking rifle Skinney! You should really enjoy using that Revic scope,I love mine.
I built a 22 CM a while back using an ARC Nucleus action with a 20 inch 1-7 twist X-Caliber barrel in a LH KRG Bravo chassis,Trigger Tech Diamond trigger,ARC M10 rings,and a Revic PMR428 scope.
It shoots real good,pushing 75 gr A-Max's right at 3500 fps.

r7kzCGl.jpg

r4uuvKJ.jpg

Very nice looking Rig... Yes the Revics are awesome, we used them all last season and I'm sold on the optic clarity and features the scope has... We are using the MIL/MIL with the RX1 reticle and the MOA/MOA with the RT1 reticle, I'll be reviewing them shortly after I get our rifles reviews done. What powders have you tried with your Creed? You try any 4831SC ?

Back