Check not cashed ??? Never mind.

RustyCJ8

My dealer said he sent my paperwork off last November so figure sometime this summer I should expect my suppressor. Hopefully. My question is that I see it mentioned here that your check was cashed early on in the process. Unfortunately, mine has not been cashed yet and my reply from BATFE was that it was pending. Is this normal or should I be freaking out? Thanks, Dave

Did some digging and the reason the bank couldn’t find the check was the ATF must not send checks back. I found a description on my statement. What a relief. Thanks all. Dave

Last edited:
Checks were cashed on my personal submissions within two days of receipt. Silencershop ones took a month. The "pending" answer means your application is in queue. They don't go into queue until they have a check cashed. Queue seems to mean that it's waiting the attention of an agent. That wait is taking about 9 months now according to what they've been telling me when I call. It's a long hard wait, but it's worth it when you get that suppressor. Wish I had done it years ago.

That's very true. They don't miss on that part. From what I've seen, it doesn't really take them long to do the review and approval either. They'll sit for nine months or more then do them in a couple of days. Then if there's an issue, you have a short time to respond to it, or you go back to the beginning of the line. It's your tax dollars at work, or not working as the case may be.
Suppressor approvals are like fine wine, there will be no approval before it's time.

News flash for you:-(

My check was cashed on June 29th 2018.

It is nearing 11 months........................still pending!

Don’t get your hopes up too high, you may be looking at 2020..........

Originally Posted By: pyscodogThese are the reasons I've never bought a suppressor.

Yes you are correct, however, every day you wait before purchase is another day you wait.

It is much easier to wait when you already have 2 .

Originally Posted By: 1loboThat's very true. They don't miss on that part. From what I've seen, it doesn't really take them long to do the review and approval either. They'll sit for nine months or more then do them in a couple of days. Then if there's an issue, you have a short time to respond to it, or you go back to the beginning of the line. It's your tax dollars at work, or not working as the case may be.
Suppressor approvals are like fine wine, there will be no approval before it's time.

What gets me is that I can buy the lethal part (the firearm) of the equation and get a background check done in a matter of minutes. But to put a piece of equipment that quiets the sound, by what 25 percent, I have to wait a year and pay $200. Makes no sense whatsoever. Dave

Posed the same question to my comrade (DFL) senators. If I can purchase a firearm(have a CCP) why months and months waiting for an serialized accessory? No reply ever to firearms related questions, but they spout all the time about upholding the Constitution. Quit voting for DFL fraudulent representation.

Originally Posted By: 1loboThat's very true. They don't miss on that part. From what I've seen, it doesn't really take them long to do the review and approval either. They'll sit for nine months or more then do them in a couple of days. Then if there's an issue, you have a short time to respond to it, or you go back to the beginning of the line. It's your tax dollars at work, or not working as the case may be.

It's almost like you were the only person purchasing a supresor/sbr/sbs that day/week.

Just got mine from the gun shop only 13 month wait. Yea it showed up 2 weeks after I finally called the ATF they just told me it was in process. Seem a little odd on the timing. But I am happy the wait is over.

What gets me is that I can buy the lethal part (the firearm) of the equation and get a background check done in a matter of minutes. But to put a piece of equipment that quiets the sound, by what 25 percent, I have to wait a year and pay $200. Makes no sense whatsoever. Dave [/quote]

Send your statement/question to Trump. He was going to get suppressors for everyone when elected/

Originally Posted By: 22 Chuck
Send your statement/question to Trump. He was going to get suppressors for everyone when elected/

I don’t recall him ever saying that

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: 22 Chuck

I don’t recall him ever saying that

Reb,
Only Libturds with selective hearing heard it!

A lot of people don't want to buy a suppressor because the can not pass a full FBI check.
I have been passing them since 1967. I have friends who are LEO's are scared of an FBI background check.
I don't understand that one.

Originally Posted By: willy1947

A lot of people don't want to buy a suppressor because the can not pass a full FBI check.
I have been passing them since 1967. I have friends who are LEO's are scared of an FBI background check.

I'm intrigued at how they can own a firearm if they can not pass the background check for an NFA item.

Originally Posted By: Walking ManOriginally Posted By: willy1947

I'm intrigued at how they can own a firearm if they can not pass the background check for an NFA item.

I wouldn’t pay much attention to what Willy says. I find it hard to believe that an LEO would be afraid of a background check for a suppressor or anyone else that could legally buy a firearm. If you have read any of his comments in the past you would understand why.

Back