Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11
Topic Options
#3203394 - 05/10/19 09:06 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas

NEWS
Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) Pushes May-Issue Federal Firearm Owner Licensing and Gun Confiscation

On Monday, in an obvious and desperate attempt to garner attention in an overcrowded 2020 Democratic presidential field, Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) threw long-cultivated anti-gun strategy and messaging to the wind and further exposed the gun control endgame when he released his “Plan To End the Gun Violence Epidemic.” The document is a slapdash gun control advocate wish list, at the core of which is a plan to create a may-issue federal gun owner licensing scheme and confiscate millions of commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms.

NEWS
Does Shannon Watts want a Ban on all Centerfire Rifle Ammunition?

Shannon Watts has developed her persona as a “full-time volunteer” who wants nothing more than to bring “common sense gun laws” to this country. However, she once again reminded gun owners of her true agenda with a recent tweet. We are used to individuals misrepresenting our message to push their own political agendas, but, in this case, we thought it necessary to correct the record.

NEWS
State of “Gun Violence” in the United States

Politicians treat so-called "gun violence" as a lever issue, hoping to energize their base and guilt law-abiding Americans into supporting policies that would have no effect on crime or help the mentally ill. Part of this effort entails presenting as large a number of fatalities as possible, and so researchers, the media, and anti-gun politicians combine suicide, homicide, accidents, legal interventions, and incidents in which the intent is unknown.

NEWS
“Rap Back” or Rip-Off? Aloha State Gun Owners Sue for Disclosure of Information

NRA-ILA has previously written about the FBI’s “Rap Back” service, a law enforcement tool allowing authorized agencies to receive automatic criminal history updates about particular individuals – a person under criminal investigation or subject to probation or parole, or for noncriminal purposes, to monitor an employment applicant or person in a position of public trust, to ensure that they are not engaging in criminal conduct that would disqualify them from that employment.

NEWS
NRA Continues Backing Supreme Court Challenge to NYC’s Travel Ban

The main brief in the NRA supported case, New York State Rifle & Pistol Association et al v. the City of New York and the New York City Police Department-License Division has officially be filed with the Supreme Court.

Florida
Florida Alert! Governor DeSantis has SIGNED SB-7030

North Carolina
North Carolina: Bill Crossover Deadline Passes, Anti-Gun Bills Do Not

Washington
Washington: Gov. Inslee Signs Anti-Gun Bills

SHARE THIS EMAIL

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3203423 - 05/11/19 05:15 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

To read entire story, cut and paste the headline (large font) in your browser.

NEWS
Does Shannon Watts want a Ban on all Centerfire Rifle Ammunition?

Shannon Watts has developed her persona as a “full-time volunteer” who wants nothing more than to bring “common sense gun laws” to this country. However, she once again reminded gun owners of her true agenda with a recent tweet. We are used to individuals misrepresenting our message to push their own political agendas, but, in this case, we thought it necessary to correct the record.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Texas: House Finishes Up Action on More Pro-Gun Bills & Senate Committee Sets NRA-Backed Evacuation Carry Bill for Monday Hearing

Late on Thursday, May 9, the House passed two additional NRA-backed bills by voice vote: House Bill 1143

NEWS
“Rap Back” or Rip-Off? Aloha State Gun Owners Sue for Disclosure of Information

NRA-ILA has previously written about the FBI’s “Rap Back” service, a law enforcement tool allowing authorized agencies to receive automatic criminal history updates about particular individuals – a person under criminal investigation or subject to probation or parole, or for noncriminal purposes, to monitor an employment applicant or person in a position of public trust, to ensure that they are not engaging in criminal conduct that would disqualify them from that employment.

NEWS
State of “Gun Violence” in the United States

Politicians treat so-called "gun violence" as a lever issue, hoping to energize their base and guilt law-abiding Americans into supporting policies that would have no effect on crime or help the mentally ill. Part of this effort entails presenting as large a number of fatalities as possible, and so researchers, the media, and anti-gun politicians combine suicide, homicide, accidents, legal interventions, and incidents in which the intent is unknown.

NEWS
Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) Pushes May-Issue Federal Firearm Owner Licensing and Gun Confiscation

On Monday, in an obvious and desperate attempt to garner attention in an overcrowded 2020 Democratic presidential field, Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) threw long-cultivated anti-gun strategy and messaging to the wind and further exposed the gun control endgame when he released his “Plan To End the Gun Violence Epidemic.” The document is a slapdash gun control advocate wish list, at the core of which is a plan to create a may-issue federal gun owner licensing scheme and confiscate millions of commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms.

THE DAILY CALLER
Video Shows Armed Homeowner Scaring Off Burglars

Police released video footage of a home invasion Wednesday evening that left a Kentucky homeowner wounded after he exchanged gunfire with the perpetrators.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Minnesota: Omnibus Anti-Gun Legislation Could be Acted on Any Day

On Saturday, May 11, at noon or at the call of the chair, in room 120 of the Capitol, the Judiciary/Public Safety conference committee on SF 802 will reconvene.

WASHINGTON EXAMINER
2020 Democrats Continue to Display Disdain for Middle America

Gunshots ring out like a war zone, one right after the other in a sporadic pattern of near-deafening blasts. I’ll never forget the many evenings I spent sitting on that wooden bench, sipping my off-brand root beer, and watching my dad and grandfather take on bright orange clay birds one by one, week after week.

YAHOO! NEWS
New York's Top Court Shields Ohio Dealer Who Sold Gun Used In Shooting

A splintered New York state Court of Appeals said an upstate shooting victim cannot pursue a negligence lawsuit against an Ohio firearms dealer who sold a gun in Ohio that was later resold on the black market and used in the shooting.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
North Carolina: Bill Crossover Deadline Passes, Anti-Gun Bills Do Not

May 9th was the deadline for the majority of bills to pass from their chamber of origin to the opposite chamber. Despite efforts by anti-gun legislators to restrict your rights, no gun control bills have advanced.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Washington: Gov. Inslee Signs Anti-Gun Bills

On May 8th, Governor Jay Inslee signed into law a number of anti-gun bills that had been passed by the Legislature during the 2019 Legislative Session.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3203580 - 05/13/19 09:22 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Minnesota: Conference Committee to Consider Anti-Gun Language for Omnibus Legislation

Tomorrow, the Judiciary/Public Safety conference committee will reconvene at noon in Capitol Room 120, or at the call of the chair, to discuss SF 802.

FOX NEWS
Frank Miniter: Student Walkout at Colorado Shooting Vigil is a Good Sign

The very public scene of hundreds of Colorado students and their parents walking out of a vigil that was turned into political theater by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence was so embarrassing that the gun control group actually issued an apology.

ROCKETCITYNOW.COM ALABAMA
Update on Shooting in Publix Parking Lot

Huntsville Police have released additional information about a shooting that happened at the Publix supermarket on Old Monrovia Rd. Thursday night.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Louisiana: House to Consider Two Pro-Gun Bills This Week

This week, the Louisiana House is scheduled to consider two pro-gun bills, House Bill 281 and House Bill 235.

DELAWARE STATE NEWS
Delaware gun control bills stall in committee

Three controversial gun bills will not be released from committee, meaning they are essentially dead. The measures, which were discussed before a packed house in the Senate Executive Committee Wednesday, would have prohibited a variety of semi-automatic firearms classified as “assault weapons,” criminalized magazines capable of holding more than 15 rounds and established a permitting process to buy a gun. While the bills faced an uphill climb to become law, defeat in the first real test of the legislative process is a surprising outcome and a big blow to gun control advocates. Opponents on the committee still could reverse their decision and send the bills to the entire Senate, but the odds of such a change of opinion appear slim.

WASHINGTONEXAMINER
Gillibrand calls for "assault weapon" and large magazine bans to combat "gun violence"

Presidential candidate Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., said that she does not support creating a federal firearm licensing system. “No, I think there is a better approach,” Gillibrand told the Washington Examiner at a campaign stop in Warner, N.H., on Saturday, when asked about a plan proposed by primary rival Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J. “To end gun violence, I would do three things,” she said. “I would, No. 1, pass universal background checks, which are commonsense and supported by 70% of America."

WASHINGTONPOST.COM
Cory Booker’s misleading claim that toy guns are more regulated than real guns

The Fact Checker obviously has no opinion on whether guns should face regulatory oversight for safety or design. But Booker’s comparison of the regulations of toy guns and real guns is specious. In the Medium post, he made clear that when he said “more regulation,” he meant CPSC regulation, not all regulation. The careful language was probably just One or Two Pinocchios. But such nuances were lost when he spoke on television or tweeted about it, pushing himself into the Three Pinocchio range. The CPSC does not regulate guns, but it does regulate toy guns. That does not mean there are “more regulations” of toy guns than real ones. Firearms, at just about every level, are highly regulated in the United States. Booker is calling for another level of regulation, but he can’t suggest toy guns are even more highly regulated.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3203653 - 05/14/19 08:27 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Louisiana: Your Action Needed - House to Consider Pro-Gun Preemption Legislation Tomorrow

Tomorrow, the Louisiana House is scheduled to consider preemption legislation, House Bill 281.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Vermont: Waiting Period Legislation Passes House Committee

Monday afternoon, the House Judiciary Committee passed S.169 on a 7-4 vote, setting up a potential gun debate on the House floor during the last days of the 2019 legislative session.

KDFW FOX 4 DALLAS
Would-be Robber Shot Dead by Grand Prairie Homeowner

A home invasion suspect was shot dead by a Grand Prairie homeowner early Monday. Police said the suspect, Rayme Castilleja, 20, “specifically targeted the residence” in the 2000 block of Plains Court about 1:15 a.m. Monday in an attempt to rob the homeowner.

PHILLY.COM
Pa. Lawmakers Move to Bar Local Gun Laws in Wake of Pittsburgh Measures

When Pittsburgh passed restrictions on guns last month, it reignited a fight over which level of government should regulate firearms. In recent weeks, two Republican lawmakers began pushing to strengthen the state’s control over gun regulations and make it easier for some groups, such as lobbyists, to recoup legal fees to fight cities’ rules.

THE OUTDOOR WIRE
Anti-Hunting Congressman Introduces Grizzly Bear Hunting Ban

Congressman Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) has introduced legislation that would ban the hunting of grizzly bears anywhere in the country except for Alaska. Grijalva, who chairs the House Resources Committee, is a frequent author of anti-hunting bills and is consistently rated at 100% by the Humane Society of the United States.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Alabama: Bill to Create Lifetime Carry Permit to be heard in House Committee

Tomorrow, Wednesday, May 15, the Alabama House Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee will hear House Bill 595, sponsored by Representative Proncey Robertson (R-7). HB 595 would create a new lifetime carry permit issued by the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) to state residents.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3203728 - 05/15/19 09:47 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

____

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Alabama: Lifetime Carry Permit Bill Moving Forward in the Senate

Earlier today, the Alabama Senate Judiciary Committee passed Senate Bill 392 with a bipartisan vote of 8 to 1, sponsored by Senator Randy Price (R-13). SB 392 could be heard as soon as tomorrow by the full Senate.

ABC 7 LOS ANGELES
Father Shoots, Kills Home Intruder in Lancaster

A man was fatally shot after allegedly breaking into a Lancaster home on Sunday. The shooting happened around 6:45 a.m. in the 45100 block of Loma Vista Drive.

SEATTLEPI.COM
King County Sheriff Releases 911 Audio of Fatal Home Invasion

Authorities released the 911 call recording of a home invasion in Seattle's White Center neighborhood, where the homeowner shot and killed the 29-year-old intruder. A newly-trained 911 operator received a call at about 2:40 a.m. on April 22 from a man who claimed an intruder was in the house. Within a minute of her asking the homeowner what he was reporting, crashes can be heard.

NEWS
NRA Supports Guns Save Life's Challenge to Illinois’s FOID Act

NRA is supporting a legal challenge to Illinois's FOID Act brought by Guns Save Life, an organization dedicated to defending the Second Amendment rights of Illinois residents.

FOXNEWS.COM
Pavlich blasts Kamala Harris' proposed executive action on gun control: 'Attack on Second Amendment rights'

Katie Pavlich said Sen. Kamala Harris’ proposed executive action on gun control would be “an attack on Second Amendment rights.” Harris, D-Calif, is expected to pledge at a campaign event in New Hampshire Wednesday that if she’s elected president, she would sign an executive order banning the importation of AR-15-style assault weapons, Politico reported. "If by my 100th day in office when elected president of the United States, the United States Congress fails to put a bill on my desk to sign with all of the good ideas or any of the good ideas that I'm prepared to take executive action because that's what's needed," Harris said on CNN Sunday.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION HUNTING
Georgia: Gov. Kemp Signs Bill To Improve Hunting Opportunities

On May 7th, Governor Brian Kemp signed Senate Bill 72 into law.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
California: Assembly and Senate Appropriations Committee Takes Up Suspense File on Thursday, May 16

No summary available

WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Joe Biden pitches fingerprint-locked firearms to reduce gun violence

Former Vice President Joe Biden said Tuesday that he is open to a federal firearm licensing system and suggested fingerprint-locked guns as a way to combat gun violence. “I’ve never heard of that before, I think it’s worth looking into,” Biden told the Washington Examiner Tuesday at a campaign stop when asked his position on federal firearm licensing. “I don’t know whether, where that is in terms of under the Constitution whether we’re able to do that. My guess is we could.”

POLITICO.COM
Kamala Harris escalates gun control agenda

Kamala Harris' unilateral crackdown on guns is expanding. At a presidential campaign event Wednesday in New Hampshire, Harris will pledge to take executive action banning the importation of AR-15-style assault weapons — a move that comes just three weeks after the California Democrat rolled out her sweeping gun-control proposal. Harris — a former career prosecutor who appears intent on owning the gun issue in the crowded primary — said if Congress fails to pass stricter gun laws in her first 100 days as president, she would take matters into her own hands. That involves signing executive orders requiring near-universal background checks on gun sales, closing the so-called "boyfriend loophole," reversing the Trump administration's move to allow fugitives with outstanding arrest warrants to buy guns, and repealing a law that prevents victims from holding gun-makers and firearms dealers liable for their losses.

REUTERS.COM
Senator Harris to promise ban on U.S. imports of some "high-powered" guns

Expanding on her gun control proposals, U.S. Senator Kamala Harris will announce on Wednesday that if elected president she will prohibit imports of some high-powered guns into the United States. Harris has already endorsed a swath of gun control measures, but at a campaign stop in New Hampshire, she will promise to institute a ban on “AR-15-style assault weapons,” a senior campaign official said. There is legal precedent for such a ban, the aide said, pointing to similar measures by former presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush taken in order to study permanent bans.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Minnesota: Conference Committee Votes Down Anti-Gun Language for Omnibus Legislation

On Tuesday, the Judiciary/Public Safety Conference Committee voted down the addition of anti-gun language from House Files 8 and 9 onto the Omnibus Bill, SF 802.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3203783 - 05/16/19 08:32 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Vermont: Your Action Needed - Waiting Period Legislation Heads to the Governor

Yesterday, the Vermont House passed waiting period legislation S.169 by an 82 to 58 vote.

VERMONTBIZCOM
Vermont House passes 24-hour waiting period for gun purchases

The Vermont House on Wednesday evening gave preliminary approval to gun violence prevention measures in S.169 (link is external) on a vote of 82-58. The law is intended to provide a "cooling off" period for people considering suicide. The bill also updates language regarding the purchase and use of high-capacity ammunition magazines. The law, if signed as is by Governor Phil Scott, would: •Establish a 24-hour waiting period for the purchase of handguns; and, •Update and provide clarity on several restrictions on the transfer and use of high capacity ammunition feeding devices.

NEWS LEGAL & LEGISLATION
NRA Applauds Attorneys General and Governors Amicus Brief in Supreme Court Challenge

NRA Applauds Attorney General and Governors Amicus Brief in Supreme Court Challenge.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Alabama: Committee Vote Scheduled for Lifetime Carry Permit Legislation

Yesterday, Wednesday, May 15 the Alabama House Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee held a public hearing on House Bill 595, sponsored by Representative Proncey Robertson (R-7), with a vote scheduled for next week, possibly Tuesday or Wednesday.

LAW.COM
Trump Administration Files Brief Urging SCOTUS to Overturn NYC Gun Law

The Trump administration late Wednesday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn New York City’s controversial rule that bans individuals from transporting handguns outside their home in most cases. In a brief filed with the high court, attorneys with the U.S. Department of Justice, which is not a party to the litigation, argued in a brief to the court on Wednesday that the rule contradicts the Second Amendment and unlawfully restricts interstate commerce by limiting where gun owners can bring their firearms. The rule is being challenged before the high court by the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, which appealed a lower court decision upholding the regulation from last year. The group is affiliated with the National Rifle Association.

CLEVELAND.COM
Robbery Suspect Shot by Cleveland Cellphone Store Employee Charged in Separate Hold-up

A Cleveland man shot by a Metro by T-Mobile employee during an attempted robbery also committed a hold-up days earlier at another cellphone store, court records say.

NATIONAL REVIEW
You Can’t Enact ‘Near-Universal’ Background Checks via Executive Order

Kamala Harris is upping her gun-control game, apparently in a desire to keep up with Cory Booker. Specifically, she’s threatening executive action if Congress fails to act in the first 100 days of her presidency, and she’s gradually putting out details of what she thinks she can accomplish this way.

FOXNEWS.COM
John Lott: Gun controls backed by Dem presidential candidates would hurt poor and minorities

Name a gun control regulation, and you’ll find Democratic presidential candidates who enthusiastically support it. Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., promised Wednesday that if she becomes president she will use executive orders to mandate background checks on the private transfers of guns, revoke the licenses of gun makers and dealers whose guns are used in crimes, and ban the importation of many semi-automatic guns. Her proposals follow Sen. Cory Booker’s push for licensing gun owners and an even longer list of gun regulations. Like Harris, Booker, D-N.J., is seeking the Democratic presidential nomination.

ABC7CHICAGO
Major overhaul of Illinois gun card program would require fingerprinting

New legislation introduced late Wednesday afternoon in Springfield would, for the first time, require gun owners to be fingerprinted. Under the proposal, a Firearm Owners Identification Card would surge in price from $10 to $50 and the duration of the card would be cut in half from ten years to five years.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3203939 - 05/18/19 03:29 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

NEWS LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Trump Administration, Other Pro-Gun Heavyweights Lend Support on Pending Supreme Court Case

As NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox reported in March, the U.S. Supreme Court has taken up a challenge by an NRA state affiliate to a New York City gun control scheme that effectively prohibits lawfully licensed handgun owners from leaving the city with their own firearms. The plaintiffs in the case have raised a number of objections to the regime, the foremost of which is that it violates the Second Amendment. The case is New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. New York City.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Governor Abbott Signs NRA-Backed Tenants' Rights Bill

On Thursday, Governor Greg Abbott signed House Bill 302 by Representative Dennis Paul (R-Houston) & Senator Bryan Hughes (R-Mineola), NRA-supported legislation that prohibits “no firearms” clauses in residential leases.

NEWS
Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Only What We Want Ye to Hear

Can we finally put the claim that “gun violence” research is underfunded to rest? The Bloomberg Professor of American Health at the Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University, Daniel Webster, and his colleagues at the Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research launched their much anticipated massive, open online course “Reducing Gun Violence in America: Evidence for Change” this week. The course is available on Coursera, an online learning platform.

TOWNHALL
Time for a National Conversation on Allowing Teachers to Protect Their Classrooms

In the wake of tragic and senseless shootings at a high school in Highlands Ranch, Colorado and a college campus in Charlotte, North Carolina, we once again find ourselves asking why these attacks occur and how we can stop them in the future.

NEWS
Out of Style: Levi’s Fawns Over Shannon Watts in Pantmaker’s Latest Gun Control Effort

At the National Retail Federation’s 2018 convention in New York City, Levi Strauss & Co. Brand President James Curleigh told those assembled that the multinational pants manufacturer intends to be the “most relevant lifestyle brand.” Evidently, part of creating that “lifestyle” includes foisting a doctrinaire set of political beliefs onto its employees and customers.

NEWS LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Retired Justice Stevens Continues Crusade Against Guns

Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens does not believe a law-abiding citizen has a right to possess firearms under the Second Amendment, and he wants to make sure everyone knows it. He made his position clear when he authored a dissenting opinion in District of Columbia v. Heller, where the Supreme Court, in fact, held that the Second Amendment does protect an individual right.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Florida Alert! 2019 Florida Legislative Session Wrap-Up

Once again the Florida Legislature has turned a deaf ear to the pleas of ministers, church administrators and church members. Churches have repeatedly – for over 3 years – prayed and urged the legislature to correct the provision in Florida law that usurps their right to provide safety and security on their property.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Connecticut: Senate To Vote On Gun Control Bills

As early as next week, the Connecticut state Senate may hold votes on a broad-based set of gun control legislation. The state House of Representatives previously passed these to require firearms be made unavailable for self-defense, effectively end the centuries old practice of home-manufacturing firearms for personal use, and impose unnecessary restrictions on transporting handguns.

NEWS
Gov. Abbott Signs NRA-Backed Tenants' Rights Bill

The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) applauded Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday for signing NRA-backed legislation that protects tenants’ rights by prohibiting “no firearms” clauses in residential leases.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Louisiana: "Red Flag" Legislation Scheduled for Hearing Next Week

On Tuesday, May 21, the House Administration of Criminal Justice Committee is scheduled to consider gun control legislation (HB 483) that would deny a gun owner their right to keep and bear arms without due process.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Illinois: Committee To Receive Private Transfer Ban Legislation

On May 21st, the Illinois state House of Representatives Rules Committee will hear House Amendment 1 to Senate Bill 1966 and send it to the Judiciary Committee for further consideration. HA 1 to SB 1966 would impose various gun control schemes in Illinois, such as criminalizing private transfers and increasing the cost and red tape for a FOID card.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3204017 - 05/19/19 02:20 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS VOLUME 26, NUMBER 20
____

NEWS LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Trump Administration, Other Pro-Gun Heavyweights Lend Support on Pending Supreme Court Case

As NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox reported in March, the U.S. Supreme Court has taken up a challenge by an NRA state affiliate to a New York City gun control scheme that effectively prohibits lawfully licensed handgun owners from leaving the city with their own firearms. The plaintiffs in the case have raised a number of objections to the regime, the foremost of which is that it violates the Second Amendment. The case is New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. New York City.

NEWS
Out of Style: Levi’s Fawns Over Shannon Watts in Pantmaker’s Latest Gun Control Effort

At the National Retail Federation’s 2018 convention in New York City, Levi Strauss & Co. Brand President James Curleigh told those assembled that the multinational pants manufacturer intends to be the “most relevant lifestyle brand.” Evidently, part of creating that “lifestyle” includes foisting a doctrinaire set of political beliefs onto its employees and customers.

NEWS
Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Only What We Want Ye to Hear

Can we finally put the claim that “gun violence” research is underfunded to rest? The Bloomberg Professor of American Health at the Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University, Daniel Webster, and his colleagues at the Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research launched their much anticipated massive, open online course “Reducing Gun Violence in America: Evidence for Change” this week. The course is available on Coursera, an online learning platform.

NEWS LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Retired Justice Stevens Continues Crusade Against Guns

Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens does not believe a law-abiding citizen has a right to possess firearms under the Second Amendment, and he wants to make sure everyone knows it. He made his position clear when he authored a dissenting opinion in District of Columbia v. Heller, where the Supreme Court, in fact, held that the Second Amendment does protect an individual right.

NEWS
Gov. Abbott Signs NRA-Backed Tenants' Rights Bill

The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) applauded Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday for signing NRA-backed legislation that protects tenants’ rights by prohibiting “no firearms” clauses in residential leases.

NEWS LEGAL & LEGISLATION
NRA Supports Guns Save Life's Challenge to Illinois’s FOID Act

NRA is supporting a legal challenge to Illinois's FOID Act brought by Guns Save Life, an organization dedicated to defending the Second Amendment rights of Illinois residents.

NEWS LEGAL & LEGISLATION
NRA Applauds Attorneys General and Governors Amicus Brief in Supreme Court Challenge

NRA Applauds Attorney General and Governors Amicus Brief in Supreme Court Challenge.

Alabama
Alabama: Committee Vote Scheduled for Lifetime Carry Permit Legislation

Florida
Florida Alert! 2019 Florida Legislative Session Wrap-Up

SHARE THIS EMAIL

[size:14pt][/size]

#3204208 - 05/21/19 09:25 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Washington: Lawsuit Against I-1639 Proceeds After Motion To Dismiss Denied

On May 20th, the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington rejected a motion by the government defendants to dismiss the lawsuit filed by NRA and the SAF against Washington’s gun control ballot initiative, I-1639. The lawsuit may now proceed.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Illinois Committee Passes Bill to Increase Cost of FOID 1000

On May 21st, the Illinois state House Judiciary Committee voted 12-7 to pass House Amendment 1 to Senate Bill 1966. While it has not yet been scheduled for further action, the House may take it up at any time. HA 1 to SB 1966 would impose various gun control schemes in Illinois, such as criminalizing private transfers and increasing the cost and red tape for a FOID card.

TRIBUNE STAR TERRE HAUTE
Cabbie Shoots Would-be Armed Robber, Police Say

A robbery suspect was shot by his intended victim Monday morning at Greenwood Manor Apartments. City police said a local cab driver picked up the suspect on the Indiana State University campus before 10:45 a.m. Monday and took him to an apartment on 19th Street.

THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Taking Aim at the Arms Trade Treaty

Some of the most notable policy victories take time — and they seldom generate banner headlines. Take the Arms Trade Treaty. There’s an excellent chance that you’re saying, “The what?” There was a relatively minor ripple in the news cycle when President Trump announced he was withdrawing the United States from it.

NEWS HUNTING
Working Together to Save the Second Amendment Part II: State Success Stories

When I started with NRA in 1995, most of the attention our organization received was over legislative efforts in Congress. Firearm-related legislation at the federal level obviously has an impact on far more law-abiding gun owners than what happens in a single state. As I wrote last month, though, Congress often moves at a glacial pace. If you want to see a more rapid advancement in our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, you need to examine what we have been doing at the state level. Although NRA-ILA had been active at the state level since its inception in 1975, the spark that ignited decades of legislative success in state capitals across the country was the enactment of Florida’s “shall issue” Right-to-Carry (RTC) law in 1987.

TOWNHALL
Now There’s Irrefutable Proof: Arming School Staff Keeps Kids Safe

In the latest two horrific school shootings, one at a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) high school in Highlands Ranch, CO, and the other at a college in Charlotte, NC, two courageous students lost their lives as they tackled the shooters to stop the slaughter.

NEWS SECOND AMENDMENT
Judges Matter: Contrasting Court Decisions Demonstrate Importance of Judiciary to Second Amendment Rights

I’ve said it before: President Trump’s nomination of conservative judges may well be his most important legacy. Here, “conservative” does not refer to political ideology. It means a legal philosophy that seeks fidelity to the Constitution’s original meaning and the plain text of our laws. This contrasts with “progressive” jurisprudence that treats legal texts not as enduring constraints, but as springboards to policies or outcomes judges think best for present times.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3204274 - 05/22/19 10:34 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

USA TODAY
NRA, gun rights groups using New York City rules to seek expansion of Second Amendment in Supreme Court

Gun rights groups are using New York City restrictions that may be repealed as a rallying cry to press the Supreme Court for a major expansion of its Second Amendment precedents. The effort is based on the hope that the court's new, five-member conservative majority will be more sympathetic to gun rights, in much the same way that anti-abortion groups are hoping for a high court crackdown on reproductive rights.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Minnesota: 2019 Regular Session Ends as Legislature Gears up for Special Session This Week

Monday night, the Minnesota Legislature adjourned from its 2019 Legislative Session. Though, lawmakers are expected to reconvene later this week for a short Special Session.

BREITBART.COM
Federal Judge Refuses to Dismiss NRA/SAF Suit Against Washington Gun Control

On Tuesday a federal judge rejected a motion to dismiss a lawsuit against Washington’s gun control Initiative 1639. I-1639 took effect January 1, 2019, and UPI reported that it “bans the sale of semi-automatic weapons to anyone under the age of 21” I-1639 also put an enhanced background check in place for those still allowed to buy commonly-owned semiautomatic rifles and puts gun storage requirements in place, along with penalties for gun owners who fail to comply with those requirements.

CHICAGO.CBSLOCAL.COM
Gun Control Activists Urge Approval Of Proposal To Require Fingerprints For Illinois Gun Licenses, More Background Checks For Firearm Purchases

Gun control advocates plan a rally in Springfield on Wednesday, to urge state lawmakers to approve legislation aimed at closing perceived loopholes in the state’s gun licensing system. The measure would require anyone applying for or renewing a Firearm Owner’s Identification card to submit fingerprints as part of their application. It also would require background checks for all gun sales, including by private sellers.

DRISCOLL REGISTER
Parkland families push petitions for 2020 ban on "assault weapons" in Florida

Relatives of some of the 17 people killed in the Feb. 14 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High gathered with activists Monday in Fort Lauderdale to submit the first of what they hope will be more than 1 million petitions signed in a push to force a 2020 ballot question to prohibit the possession of what they called “military-grade” weapons. If it passes, the ban would be cemented as an amendment to the Florida Constitution.

WFAA 8 DALLAS
Suspected Armed Robber Shot Dead on SMU Boulevard by Potential Victim, Police Say

A man suspected of an attempted robbery has been shot dead at an apartment complex near Southern Methodist University campus Tuesday night, Dallas police said. Officers were called to the scene shortly after 9 p.m. at the Mockingbird Flats Apartments.

WDRB 41 LOUISVILLE
Dozens Take Part in Active Church Shooting Training at Crestwood Gun Range

Parishioners of several Louisville-area churches are now better trained when it comes to protecting others from a gunman. More than 50 people came out to Openrange Gun Range on Tuesday for a free church security conference. The two-hour class taught gun safety and what to do in case of an active shooter situation.

THE DENVER POST
Presidential Hopeful John Hickenlooper Calls for National Standard Gun Licenses

John Hickenlooper, Colorado’s former two-term governor turned Democratic presidential candidate, wants to create a national standard for gun licenses — one that would require individuals who want to own a gun to pass a safety test first — as part of a national gun control platform his campaign released Wednesday.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
New Hampshire: Senate Floor Votes Scheduled for Anti-Gun Bills

On May 23rd, the New Hampshire state Senate will be holding floor votes for a number of bills that would impact our Second Amendment rights, including legislation to criminalize the private transfer of firearms, impose waiting periods, increase arbitrary boundaries where law-abiding citizens are left defenseless, and take away the constitutional rights of individuals without due process.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3204339 - 05/23/19 09:34 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

BOSSIERNOW.COM
LA House Votes to Boost Gun Possession and ‘Stand Your Ground’ Laws

The Louisiana House on Tuesday passed proposals that would restrict local regulation of gun control and boost existing “stand your ground” laws. The House voted 68-30 to support a bill by Rep. Blake Miguez, R-Erath, which would eliminate the authority of local governments to prohibit the possession of firearms in certain businesses and public buildings.

UNION LEADER.COM
In party-line votes, NH Senate passes 3 gun-control bills

The state Senate approved three gun control measures Thursday along strict, party-line votes, closing a background-check loophole, imposing a three-day waiting period to buy a gun and permitting local school boards to ban guns on their property. But the identical, 13-10 votes -- with all Democrats for and all Republican senators voting against -- send each bill back the House of Representatives for review because senators made substantial changes to them.

NRA.ORG
An Important Message from Your NRA Leadership and Past Presidents

Since the NRA was founded almost 150 years ago, our adversaries have repeatedly tried to take us down. Today is no different. A recent burst of media claims the NRA is vulnerable, financially unstable, and weakened in its fight to defend the Second Amendment. Obviously intent on not letting the facts get in the way of a good story, most reports offer a distorted and inaccurate view of the NRA. As officers and past presidents of the NRA, we write today to set the record straight.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3204377 - 05/24/19 12:26 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Texas: Conference Committee to Vote on Evacuation Carry

Dear Second Amendment Supporter:
The Texas Legislature will wrap up over Memorial Day weekend, but there's one more piece of pro-gun legislation they need to pass.

House Bill 1177, an NRA-backed measure that protects citizens from being charged with a crime for carrying a handgun without a License To Carry while evacuating from an area during a declared state or local disaster, or while returning to that area, has been sent to a conference committee to work out the differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill. The House passed a stronger bill that protects evacuees for a longer period of time -- one week versus 48 hours after a disaster declaration -- and ties the protection to a disaster declaration only, rather than a mandatory evacuation order and a disaster declaration.

The bill sponsors, Rep. Dade Phelan (R-Beaumont) and Sen. Brandon Creighton (R-Conroe), are fighting for the strongest version of the bill in conference committee. Here is how you can help!

Please contact your state Senator and urge them to support the conference report on House Bill 1177.

CLICK HERE TO TAKE ACTION

#3204412 - 05/24/19 06:22 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

NEWS
New Federal Law Will Promote Target Range Development on Public Lands

On May 10, President Trump signed the Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act into law. This NRA-backed law will help promote firearm safety and training and enjoyment of the shooting sports by freeing up more federal funds for use in public shooting range development and construction.

NEWS
Kamala Harris and the News Media Don’t Know What They Don’t Know

By now gun owners have become accustomed to a certain measure of ignorance from anti-gun politicians and their lapdogs in the mainstream press on matters of firearms policy. It’s the flamboyant stridency of that ignorance that remains shocking.

NEWS
Democrats Now Opposed to Safe Neighborhoods?

Ever since taking control of the U.S. House of Representatives, Democrats have been waging an unprecedented assault on the Second Amendment. Led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Cali.), the caucus has been an entity in virtual lock-step promoting a laundry list of today’s most popular anti-gun proposals. Whether it is banning semi-automatic firearms and placing limitations on magazine capacities, pushing “universal” background checks, imposing potentially endless waiting periods, or trying to use financial institutions to drive their political agenda, anti-gun Democrats are looking to exploit every opportunity they can to promote their attacks on our freedoms.

NEWS
Bloomberg Course Continues Bloomberging Rights Away

Week two of the Bloomberg school massive open online course on “Reducing Gun Violence” ran the same week that one of the lecturers was in the news for exclusionary comments that apply more readily to his course than to the intended target.

NRA-ILA
Your Support In Action

AS A PARTNER IN FREEDOM, you'll join a special community of monthly donors who are committed to defending our Second Amendment rights in Congress, the courts, and all 50 state legislatures. Your monthly gift will ensure NRA-ILA has the resources we need to fight every hour, every day, on every critical front where our firearm freedoms are at stake.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3204432 - 05/24/19 10:48 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Rhode Island: Senate Judiciary Committee Will Consider Two Gun Control Bills Next Week

A pair of gun bills which were introduced and heard earlier in the session are back.

NEWS
Kamala Harris and the News Media Don’t Know What They Don’t Know

By now gun owners have become accustomed to a certain measure of ignorance from anti-gun politicians and their lapdogs in the mainstream press on matters of firearms policy. It’s the flamboyant stridency of that ignorance that remains shocking.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Illinois: Your Action Needed – Contact Your State Representative in Opposition to FOID Fee Increase

Your NRA-ILA has learned that anti-gun Illinois legislators are attempting to introduce a new amendment to gun control legislation, Senate Bill 1966.

NEWS
Bloomberg Course Continues Bloomberging Rights Away

Week two of the Bloomberg school massive open online course on “Reducing Gun Violence” ran the same week that one of the lecturers was in the news for exclusionary comments that apply more readily to his course than to the intended target.

NEWS
New Federal Law Will Promote Target Range Development on Public Lands

On May 10, President Trump signed the Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act into law. This NRA-backed law will help promote firearm safety and training and enjoyment of the shooting sports by freeing up more federal funds for use in public shooting range development and construction.

NEWS
Democrats Now Opposed to Safe Neighborhoods?

Ever since taking control of the U.S. House of Representatives, Democrats have been waging an unprecedented assault on the Second Amendment. Led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Cali.), the caucus has been an entity in virtual lock-step promoting a laundry list of today’s most popular anti-gun proposals. Whether it is banning semi-automatic firearms and placing limitations on magazine capacities, pushing “universal” background checks, imposing potentially endless waiting periods, or trying to use financial institutions to drive their political agenda, anti-gun Democrats are looking to exploit every opportunity they can to promote their attacks on our freedoms.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Maryland: Governor Hogan Vetoes Legislation to Repeal Handgun Permit Review Board

Today, Governor Larry Hogan vetoed House Bill 1343 /Senate Bill 1000, legislation to repeal the Handgun Permit Review Board.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Louisiana: House Passes Pro-Gun Preemption Legislation

Earlier this week, the Louisiana House passed pro-gun legislation, House Bill 281 by a 68 to 30 vote

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Texas: Urge Texas Senate to Adopt Conference Report on HB 1177, NRA-Backed Evacuation Carry Bill

The Texas Legislature will wrap up over Memorial Day weekend, but there's one more piece of pro-gun legislation they need to pass.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11

Moderator:  DesertRam, Stu Farish 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.