Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#3203537 - 05/13/19 12:18 AM Re: How long could you last... [Re: GC]
tnshootist Offline
PM senior

Loc: East Tn
When the SHTF you can't remember your name much less the Plan.

#3203539 - 05/13/19 12:38 AM Re: How long could you last... [Re: GC]
ackleyman Offline
PM senior

Loc: Hickville
Ok, you are an old man/woman, maybe a middle age or a person with certain disabilities. In your state, can you pull a fire arm to defend yourself, or even a knife?

How about this situation, you see the a highway patrolman has pulled over a car, and the patrolman is by himself in a fight with a suspect, and the suspect is getting the upper hand knocking the patrolman to the ground. Ok, you are an old man, what can you legally do to help the patrolman? If you have cops in your family, you think about this on every traffic stop you see.

State's are very, very different in their laws. Educate yourself on your state laws.

Where I live, Four surrounding County Sheriffs want everyone that can legally do so to get a Concealed Weapon's permit. One of the Sheriffs went on the local news said that he was tired of seeing victims, and people should arm themselves.

GC's scenario maybe a good reason for "open carry" of firearms. The guy with the knife may choose another victim other than you.

#3203540 - 05/13/19 12:47 AM Re: How long could you last... [Re: GC]
BigGrizz Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Wyoming
Why tf would I let you get that close anyway?

If you're coming from behind me- yeah, done deal.

Coming from the side? I could see someone getting the upper hand, but they better come with more than a knife.

Head-to-head coming at me with a weapon? Two to the juice box and one to the hard drive and it's going to happen fast. The aggressor will either be turning tale, we'll get each other after a mexican standoff or he/she is going to be down. I'll deal with the legal consequences afterward and I hope I never see the day. I much prefer living free with a good job in Western WY.

#3203616 - 05/14/19 02:41 PM Re: How long could you last... [Re: GC]
EMP3 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: So Cal
Extremely unrealistic, so much so that it conveys no useful knowledge. Those videos are entertainment.

How would you survive this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SsIZbkQGQ

The deputy's tactical response was textbook. Most importantly, she remained completely composed when confronted by the most dangerous of bad guys.

A good quality semiauto is more reliable than any revolver. I've had 2 S&W revolvers fail. I've known of countless others. When revolvers fail, they're outta da fight. I've never seen a Sig P220, P226, or P229 fail. Ever. Revolvers have more parts and more moving parts than semis.

A semi has 2 moving parts.

An assailant armed with a knife can close 21' and kill a good guy before he could bring his holstered handgun to battery (able to fire a round).

How a bad guy holds a knife will reveal his proficiency.

Size does matter. A George Foreman punch might kill a bad guy. A punch from a welterweight would probably hurt. The best UFC fighter ain't gonna win against a 250 pound NFL linebacker. Herschel Walker was 48 years old and schooling UFC fighters in pain.

Survivors know how to avoid, and when that's not an option, how to survive.

Buy this book: https://secure.calibrepress.com/shop/books/street-survival-ii-hardcover/ Professionals who've survived actual deadly encounters reveal survival tactics.

BTW, it's called martial arts for a reason. Martial arts movies are choreographed.

#3203634 - 05/14/19 04:35 PM Re: How long could you last... [Re: EMP3]
C.Jay Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Montana
I'm not quite as youthful now days, I am no where near as strong as I was 20 yrs ago and when driving fence posts and other manual labor tasks on my small ranch, I tire much sooner and I recover a lot slower as well. As others have said, situational awareness is key.
Remember this:
Avoidance...
De-escalation...
Overwhelming and complete violence...in that order.

I do not allow myself or my wife to get into an at risk situation to begin with.

#3203635 - 05/14/19 05:18 PM Re: How long could you last... [Re: EMP3]
GC Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: EMP3
Extremely unrealistic, so much so that it conveys no useful knowledge. Those videos are entertainment.

How would you survive this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SsIZbkQGQ

The deputy's tactical response was textbook. Most importantly, she remained completely composed when confronted by the most dangerous of bad guys.

A good quality semiauto is more reliable than any revolver. I've had 2 S&W revolvers fail. I've known of countless others. When revolvers fail, they're outta da fight. I've never seen a Sig P220, P226, or P229 fail. Ever. Revolvers have more parts and more moving parts than semis.

A semi has 2 moving parts.

An assailant armed with a knife can close 21' and kill a good guy before he could bring his holstered handgun to battery (able to fire a round).

How a bad guy holds a knife will reveal his proficiency.

Size does matter. A George Foreman punch might kill a bad guy. A punch from a welterweight would probably hurt. The best UFC fighter ain't gonna win against a 250 pound NFL linebacker. Herschel Walker was 48 years old and schooling UFC fighters in pain.

Survivors know how to avoid, and when that's not an option, how to survive.

Buy this book: https://secure.calibrepress.com/shop/books/street-survival-ii-hardcover/ Professionals who've survived actual deadly encounters reveal survival tactics.

BTW, it's called martial arts for a reason. Martial arts movies are choreographed.

In reference to the videos it is apples to oranges, two completely different scenarios for two completely different training scenarios.

A semi only has two moving parts? C'mon...

#3203640 - 05/14/19 06:05 PM Re: How long could you last... [Re: GC]
Varminterror Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Kansas
The line about the UFC fighter and the linebacker above is absolutely hysterical. The first few UFC events some odd 20yrs ago put that kind of BS to the test. A tiny Brazilian man who would, by all accounts, be dangerous, but at a significant disadvantage in the modern UFC, bested many far larger opponents. No weight classes, no holds barred, no gloves. That’s how it started. And a skilled Brazilian jiu jitsu player walked away with the whole thing.

The bit about the semi auto and moving parts is really just sad. Largely indicative this guy has never opened one up, and certainly not used either enough to understand their design nor reliability.

#3203650 - 05/14/19 08:14 PM Re: How long could you last... [Re: GC]
GC Offline
PM Junkie

Stand by, I'm waiting to be edified. Once edified it should all become much clearer. smile

#3203656 - 05/14/19 09:25 PM Re: How long could you last... [Re: GC]
SlickerThanSnot Offline
PM senior

Loc: stuck in a fence
Originally Posted By: GC
Stand by, I'm waiting to be edified.

dang. that sounds painful. does a lubricant help?

#3203669 - 05/14/19 11:23 PM Re: How long could you last... [Re: GC]
DesertRam Offline

Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA
I suppose I just need to last long enough for the wife and kids to get to safety. Anything more than that is gravy. I suffer no illusions of grandeur. I'm just an ordinary average semi-soft middle-aged guy with enough sense to pay attention with the hope of avoiding bad situations and, hopefully, enough civilian-available training to help increase my odds a little. If faced with a determined bad guy in a tight situation, I'm probably gonna lose. But I ain't gonna quit.

#3203670 - 05/14/19 11:25 PM Re: How long could you last... [Re: GC]
EMP3 Offline
Seasoned Member

In reference to the videos it is apples to oranges, two completely different scenarios for two completely different training scenarios.

Dead is dead. How dead occurs is immaterial. Hence, it's a congruent comparison.

As fa as semis having two moving parts, here's another book for you to buy:
https://www.vickersguide.com/1911

#3203672 - 05/14/19 11:39 PM Re: How long could you last... [Re: Varminterror]
EMP3 Offline
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted By: Varminterror
The line about the UFC fighter and the linebacker above is absolutely hysterical. The first few UFC events some odd 20yrs ago put that kind of BS to the test. A tiny Brazilian man who would, by all accounts, be dangerous, but at a significant disadvantage in the modern UFC, bested many far larger opponents. No weight classes, no holds barred, no gloves. That’s how it started. And a skilled Brazilian jiu jitsu player walked away with the whole thing.

The bit about the semi auto and moving parts is really just sad. Largely indicative this guy has never opened one up, and certainly not used either enough to understand their design nor reliability.

My suggestion is to gain knowledge.

99.9% of choreographed fighting (martial arts) wind up as street brawls when they're out of cages.

As far as semi moving parts, argue with this guy and set him straight:

https://www.vickerstactical.com/about-larry-vickers.html

I'll make it easy for you. Here's his email:

larry@vickerstactical.com

Let us know how it turns out.

BTW, Larry is a patient man. He'll help you out in a very respectful manner.

One more BTW, I have had my Springfield Armory TRP disassembled about a month ago.

We'll disregard the big $$$ taxpayers have spent to scientifically train me. Here's a huge clue that might save your life: never allow a bag guy who intends to reduce you to evidence and your corpse autopsied the following morning get close enough to touch you. Increase that geometrically if he's armed.

One you're locked eyes with a psychopathic murderer who'll reduce you to room temperature in a heartbeat, you'll never forget the look and feeling, neither being warm and fuzzy.

#3203677 - 05/15/19 07:05 AM Re: How long could you last... [Re: EMP3]
GC Offline
PM Junkie

Originally Posted By: EMP3

Dead is dead. How dead occurs is immaterial. Hence, it's a congruent comparison.

As fa as semis having two moving parts, here's another book for you to buy:
https://www.vickersguide.com/1911

TRAINING SPECIFIC SCENARIOS... Just for fun, I don't learn 1,000 yard rifle shooting by taking my shotgun and busting 25 clays on the skeet range. That is apples to oranges and I'm not sure how or why you miss that point. For clarity, I'm not advocating anything here. I posted the videos purely for discussion as a "what if" thing.

Could you please cite from Mr. Vickers book where he states there are only two moving parts in the semi automatic handgun? Better yet, expand on that yourself for discussion?

#3203691 - 05/15/19 09:59 AM Re: How long could you last... [Re: GC]
SnowmanMo Offline
Director/Moderator

Loc: Phoenix, Az
To nobody in particular, remember that you get the fight you get. Not necessarily the one you want.

So, so true. You have to make sure that your skills can come UP to the severity of the situation and not HOPE that the situation's severity will come DOWN to your level of skill. "Training" is more than blowing holes in the dirt once in a while. Even the most basic hand to hand skills are not hard to learn and practice and could make the difference. You also need to practice your mindset.

Good luck is when opportunity meets preparation, while bad luck is when lack of preparation meets reality--Eliyahu Goldratt

Mama always said, coyotes are like a box of chocolates...

#3203692 - 05/15/19 11:36 AM Re: How long could you last... [Re: GC]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Quote:
Could you please cite from Mr. Vickers book where he states there are only two moving parts in the semi automatic handgun? Better yet, expand on that yourself for discussion?

That's easy, Gary. Gotta be the front sight and rear sight (when in use unsure).

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.