savage 110 tactical desert 6mm creedmoor

emc

Hello.
I've been reading this interesting forum for quite some time.
This is the first time I write

What do you think of this rifle?
I'm also very interested in you telling me how this caliber works for distances of 800-900 yards, with the coyotes.
I want a caliber that goes very well with the wind

Thanks for your help

emc, my dad has a Savage 110 6 CM. Using his reloads its impressive. Not sure what bullet hes using but he has shot it oit to 600 yards accurately. I like it better then the 6.5 CM hype....

I have one in 6.5 Creedmoor. It shoots great. I would not hesitate to buy one. As for shooting coyotes 800-900 yards, why not call them in a whole lot closer.

Sorry for the delay in answering

I have a 22-250 and I really enjoy this caliber, but when it's windy, it's hard to shoot.
I'm looking for something that works better in the wind

I'm not sure there is any "Magic" caliber for shooting in the wind. You just have to learn how to compensate. Granted a 6 or 6.5 should be better than a 22 caliber but the wind mess's with all of them.

I have a 6.5 and a 6 mm Bench Rest. The 6.5 is really my long, long range gun though I have never shot it at much more then 600 yards. It did do the job at that point. I use the 6 mm Bench Rest at lower distances like 300 yards or so and in. At that point I go with a 22 PPC.

If its wind, much like Psycodog said there is no magic caliber. You need to know your gun, load and ballistics for same and then be able to dope the wind.....

Just my thoughts.

Thank you very much to everyone for your help.
in the end I will go to a 6.5.
having a 22 cal, I prefer to take the leap to a 6.5

I really wanted a 6 creedmoor but went with a 243 Winchester. Does everything almost the exact same as the 6 Creed and you can always find components for the 243. Not that much difference for me to buy all new dies and such.

Back