Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3202835 - 05/03/19 03:22 PM Auto code readers?
GaryO Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Roseville, CA
Any of you folks you your own code readers on your cars and trucks?

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...

#3202842 - 05/03/19 05:02 PM Re: Auto code readers? [Re: GaryO]
crittr gittr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: UTAH
Yep, why?

#3204059 - 05/19/19 09:51 PM Re: Auto code readers? [Re: GaryO]
Huntinjim Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Oklahoma
I live close enough to an auto parts store that will do it for free so I can't see spending the money to buy my own.

#3204086 - 05/20/19 09:52 AM Re: Auto code readers? [Re: GaryO]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H9S71LW/

i have one of these in my truck. got it back in late 2017. For the money, i'm VERY pleased with it. not bad at all for $50.

not only do they function as a SES code reader, but you can pull all kinnds of real-time data out of your vehicle computer with them.

it also allows you to clear a SES code once you correct the problem. I got it initially because i had a wiring fault on the fuel pump with my old S10. it would come and go and give a false error code. so since i was driving with a semi-active SES - that wasnt harmful to the operation of the vehicle - i wanted to make sure that nothing else was actually going on. As noted it let me clear the code as well so i didnt have to stare at the stupid light all the time.

i will say this - a good app to communicate with these kinds of devices is hallf of the ballgame, not just the device itself. This peticular unit recommends OBDLink, but i find that TORQUE is a MUCH better app overall.

[edit]
just noticed when i went to double check the price but... this unit is only compatible with android... so no go with a crapple device. i dunno what they have for IOS compatible ones out there

[edit #2] looks like the same folks do have an IOS one as well, but cant give any first hand experience with it.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6/

HTH

Edited by Plant.One (05/20/19 10:07 AM)

#3205799 - 06/13/19 10:30 AM Re: Auto code readers? [Re: GaryO]
Telegood Offline

Loc: Vienna
I did not find topics for a similar question, so I will ask here! Tell me, how important are good binoculars, such as all those heaped up, on a hunt? In my opinion, this is not the most necessary thing, but I am a complete layman, so I wanted to know the opinion of the guru!

Moderator:  Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.