17 Hornet for Woodchucks

Well Pa.Mick. I can say this from my own experiences. Its awesome. But I don't like V-Max bullets when it comes to saving fur. The 25gr.Hp seem to be working really well for me over the years.

AMxLosLm.jpg

Mine's a .17AH. I've only shot 20's and 23's at about 3650 and never had a chuck do anything but die. Lots and lots of them. These are rockchucks and they're whatever size happens to be out there. They do get big. But this is also out to about 150yds. Rifle is a T/C 20" carbine truck gun with a 10 twist barrel, haven't tried 25's to see if they'll work with that twist.

Originally Posted By: AckmanMine's a .17AH. I've only shot 20's and 23's at about 3650 and never had a chuck do anything but die. Lots and lots of them. These are rockchucks and they're whatever size happens to be out there. They do get big. But this is also out to about 150yds. Rifle is a T/C 20" carbine truck gun with a 10 twist barrel, haven't tried 25's to see if they'll work with that twist.

That 17AH is nice. I had had extremely good luck putting down coyotes and fox with 25's. I would like to save them for that purpose. So I think I'll use 20's for chucks. Thanks for the info.

Back