Reloading Vmax 75 grains with H414 powder..

Rusty Black

I'm trying to reload some 75 grains vmax for my 243 axis with H414 powder..1.925 twist 24 inch barrel..I'm more interested in the oal..none of my reloading books have this data...thank you Rusty

Last edited:
That is a factory ammo offering from Hornady, they(customer service) should be able to help. But your mag length maybe a factor if you are limited to 2.64 inches or less.

Love that bullet in my 243. Also had to get H 414 when powder was hard to get and it really worked well. But powder has nothing to do with OLL. You can load the round to be just off the lands, I do, but when loaded that way the round may not fit in the magazine. The 243's I hve, two, both let me load bullet's out to the land's and still stay just off the lands. Rem 700 ADL and a Mossberg Patriot. Probbly work alright in your rifle too. 243 is 308 case. Had a 6mm years ago and the case was just to long and couldn't do it. If I remember right it was/is on the 7x57 case length. Doesn't work that well in a short action.

If you are running out of room in the mag box to touch the lands, immediately buy:

80g Sierra blitz boat tail

and

85g Sierra BTHP

Bullet geometry is very different

414 will work well with both powders

Back