Upcoming Announcement from Hornady

Tstorm1

A friend sent me a link to the Hornady page on Vimeo that says a big announcement is coming on April 24...guy describes it as a "box of wow!" Hopefully it's the newest creedmoor caliber that everyone will have to have. I'm looking to pick up some 6.5 stuff for pennies on the dollar when the used stuff floods the market!

As for speculation I'll go with 7mm Creedmoor/PRC with a new composite bullet that sends the BC to unheard of levels. And a guarantee that it'll do it DTDRT (Deader than DRT) to 1500 yards.

Need to fix their QC before bringing out new things. I have not had good luck with their stuff so I quit using it. Will use up the old stock of bullets I have and am moving on to Sierra.

Since they said they want buyers to say WOW when they open the box, I’m thinking either a new press or introducing a precision rifle of their own.

Originally Posted By: brainiacSorry. When I think of WOW I think of a gal in Wranglers with the seat split out.
thumbup.gif
thumbup1.gif
tt1.gif

Originally Posted By: brainiacSorry. When I think of WOW I think of a HOT gal in Wranglers with the seat split out.

There fixed it for you.
thumbup.gif

Because if she's not hot, something like that is more of a WHOA, than a wow.
scared.gif

LOL. You guys are funny. As for Hornady and this release, I am a bit annoyed about the tease. Why not just release it and let everyone be amazed if it's so great? This is like asking your buddy if he wants to see the engine in your '68 Mustang, telling him he's going to say WOW when he sees it and then you pop the hood to show him a fresh 6cyl engine....

Hype. It's rarely justified in the gun world, and when it is justified, it's still a year out on production or out of stock for a year before anyone can get it.

I imagine the ELR shooters will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of these new bullets, particularly the .30 cal versions.

Originally Posted By: B23I imagine the ELR shooters will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of these new bullets, particularly the .30 cal versions.

I bet! With a G1 of .823 and .878 those 30's will be gliding through the air!!

Originally Posted By: SeebassOriginally Posted By: B23I imagine the ELR shooters will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of these new bullets, particularly the .30 cal versions.

I bet! With a G1 of .823 and .878 those 30's will be gliding through the air!!

Biggest problem will be, how many have big 30's with enough twist to take full advantage of those new bullets. My guess is you're probably going to need at least a 8.5tw barrel or maybe even an 8tw to take full advantage of their BC. I know my 300AX aka 30-338 Lap Imp with it's 10tw certainly won't be fast enough to shoot them.

Originally Posted By: Seebasshttps://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/articles/hornady-a-tip-bullets.aspx

This is the new announcement.

Aluminum tipped, match SEQUENTIAL bullets. No tumbling or cleaning. Packaged straight off the press and comes with a clothing bag to get rid of the oil from manufacturing.

They "say" the sequential numbered bullets will be identical in virtually every aspect.

A "competition" shooters dream bullet... So they say

I'll tip my hat to Hornady for figuring out another way to pull money from the tacti-cool shooters, but for the majority of us this really doesn't matter. I'm surely not going to buy another rifle or have mine rebarreled just to shoot this bullet. I'm going to stick with shooting the same bullets I shoot at game and be confident in where the bullets will impact during season.

If the hype is backed up by results at the range, then other bullet manufacturers will copy the technology and competition will bring the price down within a few years.

Back