Taurus Tracker 17HMR

pyscodog

I looked at one of these today also. Stainless with IIRC a 6" barrel. Nice shape but of course needed a good cleaning. Are the a decent pistol?

I don't own one, but did borrow one from a friend for a weekend. It's a fun gun and very accurate. He wanted to sell it to me,but I just couldn't really figure out what I would use it for. Kind of expensive to just plink with, when I can plink with 22LR and I wouldn't carry it hunting. YMMV

That would be a fun twist for small game stuff. I'm thinking like ptarmigan or squirrels, just to add some additional fun to it.

I bought my first one in 2005 if I recall, bought my second in 2011. They’re an absolute ball to shoot. I did change the grips and do an action job on them (which I do to all of my revolvers anyway), but they’re an exceptionally satisfying small game revolver. The scope mount on the market kinda sucks - it pivots vertically, so you’ll strong if you forget to push it back down tight (and by string, I mean an extra inch of vertical at 25yrds, so really not bad), so I did have mine modified and D&T’d my revolver to lock it down solid, and after that, life has been grand. I shoot it off of the bench a lot. If you have a use for a Ruger Charger, then consider the Taurus Tracker 17HMR in the same boat - with a little extra versatility for non-supported field use.

Back