update on sig 365

shermanrm

Sometime back somebody-I don't remember who, bought a Sig 365.
Now I am looking to maybe buy one and was hoping for a review if you still have it.

Bought one a month ago to carry - best carry gun I’ve ever had! Light, comfortable, & very accurate. I’ve got around 1K thru it without a miss. With 10 rd mag, I don’t carry a reload. Highly recommended. This buy came after trying a Glock 43, Colt Officer’s model, Sig 320, & a Walter PPQ. PM me if you have any questions.

Bought one a couple months ago with a November birthday hoping the previous issues had been rectified. Out of the box it seemed to be soaked with oil. After field stripping, wiping it down to remove the excess oil, and swabbing the barrel I started with Remington 115 grain FMJ. First round, CLICK. This occurred 3 more times in the first 100 rounds. Of the first 30 rounds that fired the slide failed to return to battery each time. At this point it was field stripped and wiped down again. Over the next 70 rounds there were 4 or 5 more failures to return to battery. Rounds 101 to 150 were flawless in function. After this first session it was thoroughly cleaned and the rails very lightly lubed with Rig grease. The next time out consisted of 100 rounds of 115 grain Remington, Winchester white box, and reloads, with no repetition of the previous problems, apparently requiring some degree of break-in. Primer swipe by the firing pin has been mentioned and is present, although examination and comparison of every 50th round shows no progression thus far.

Although only getting started with a limited number of rounds and a rocky start it does seem promising. Personally the grip will require some time to become accustomed. Sorry to be so long winded but that has been my experience to this point.

I bought one when they first came out and have had no problems at all with roughly 500rds through it. Yes there are primer swipes but my other four short barrel 9's have them as well. I like the pistol a lot and it's one of the few keepers that won't be traded down the road.

Shermanrm, made any moves on this yet ??

I was looking at the p365 real hard then got a good deal on a Ruger Sec-9,
so that's where the funds went, with $$ to spare.
The Ruger has been flawless over a couple hundred so far.

I like many others have problems, mines been back to Sig. for a dead night sight and soft primer strikes. got the gun back and they replaced the bad sight but I still get one or two light primer strikes per box of ammo. Really like the gun just can't fully trust it no mater what brand of ammo I use. I do carry it just hope I don't have any issues with the rounds in the mag.My Ruger 380 eats anything without any problems. I feel like Sig is approaching the limit of how small you can make a 9mm. If you get one it's a bit of a crapshoot, you might get lucky you might end up with a lemon.

Not yet-will go to Reno in a couple of weeks and see if I can rent one to shoot.
My wife carries a 938, may stay with that, Was just thinking about a few more rounds.
My wife's is flawless after many, many rounds, However my daughter's drops the mag after the third shot-have tried 4 mags. does it with them all. Going to have to go back to Sig.

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlShermanrm, made any moves on this yet ??

I was looking at the p365 real hard then got a good deal on a Ruger Sec-9,
so that's where the funds went, with $$ to spare.
The Ruger has been flawless over a couple hundred so far.

Same, but I bought a Taurus G2C. Only a few hundred rounds through it, but zero issues. The trigger isn't stellar, but perfectly acceptable. I haven't owned a Taurus semi-auto in probably 8 years or so, but this pistol leads me to believe they're turning things around. Lots of great reviews and feedback out there. I bought mine for $200 shipped and it came with 2 mags. I'll probably pick up another.

Sorry for getting off the Sig topic...BUT...
Bob Atl...
Did you get the new Ruger Security 9 Compact ... or regular Security 9.
I saw an ad in the latest gun magazine for the Compact version...looks nice. Is it a competitor to the Sig 365 or is it wider like a typical double stack?

I'm wanting something thinner like a P365, but can't pull the trigger on it because of all the stories.

Had been looking at a shield 2.0 or xds mod 2 until I saw that ad...now I'm curious.

Got the regular Security 9 & very pleased with it.
Wasn't aware of the new Compact version at that time,
might have waited, but would have missed out on the $$ deal.

The compact Sec-9 can take the mags from the regular Sec-9,
so the grip width is the same, but may not be narrow enough for your needs.

When I handled the p365 at the LGS, it felt like my older Kel-Tec P-11,
fwiw, just cost twice as much..

Originally Posted By: Mattkcc... Really like the gun just can't fully trust it no mater what brand of ammo I use. I do carry it just hope I don't have any issues with the rounds in the mag.

Can't wrap my head around this...

Back