Best QUIET pellet gun for backyard pests

I just remembered, years ago I had a Crossman pump pistol. It was very accurate and pretty quiet to. I use to shoot it in the house, down the hall at a bunch of old phone books. Outside at about 10 yards it would go through one side of a coffee can. I don't remember it being very loud at all.

I would definitely try the Aguila Colibri ammo 1st. They have several levels of performance with the quiet stuff. It’s usually a 20 grain bullet at 325 or 500 FPS. This stuff is quieter than a pellet gun in a rifle.

Of course they won’t cycle a semi-auto action.

I have dispatched up to a possum with the 500 FPS ammo. You may have to mail order to get the best selection.

Ordered a brick of super colibri from midway. What the heck is up with them charging tax now? Anyways, I went out to confirm zero. Just real fast off the hood of the truck at 12 yard with a breeze. The gun is sighted in @ 50 with CCI SV. At 12 yard they were 4 moa low (the reticle has hash marks every 1 moa). Accuracy was good, about 1/2", sure its much better on a bench. I just plinked a few random things, any soda can or clay is dead out to 30 yards. Hit a little low at 50. The sound is definently going to be fine when fired from inside the window. I think the staple gun I used to attach the target was louder.

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660 What the heck is up with them charging tax now?

I buy a lot of stuff from palmetto. never was charged any tax. last order had tax tacked on. called and asked about it.

they said some kind of something or the other had recently passed by the government that mandated that palmetto either charge the customer the tax, or the customer pay the tax on the order, or some kind of a form would be sent to the irs at the end of the year showing that the customer bought product from them and the tax was not paid on it and the irs would be billing for the tax.

they made it sound a lot simpler than i just did above^^^ but hopefully you get the jist of it.

one way or the other, it sounds like the government has decided all our online orders are going to be taxed. joy, joy.

If you dive into your State statues, there is most likely a rule that anything you purchase through a catalogue or online that is not charged a tax, YOU must self report and pay the taxes owed.

The vast majority of people never do this.

With the explosion of online sales, States are seeing a drop in revenue. The State of South Dakota recently won a Supreme Court case mandating online retailers to collect sales taxes.

I run a .25 cal Marauder & a .22 Discovery, out of the box neither are "backyard friendly." Add a moderator & they can be tolerable. I used the .25 for coon hunting a few years back, as long as I did my part they were DRT.

Back