BSF Carbon Fiber Barrels

Schwend78

Has anyone had any experience with BSF Carbon Fiber barrels? I won one in a raffle and have read quite a bit about them, but I'm seeing mixed reviews. I got an 18" 1:8 twist rifle length gas system.

no sir, I haven't, I would love to have one, I have one on my Christensen Arms MPR though. Cost prevents me from having another.

Originally Posted By: jrnmno sir, I haven't, I would love to have one, I have one on my Christensen Arms MPR though. Cost prevents me from having another.

Heard that. My Christensen cf barrel ran me 1100 chambered,installed, and factory stock inletted.

They are great barrels. I built a 22 nosler on a 22" barrel and it shoots the factory nosler 55gr ammo great. They have a 20% law enforcement discount as well and great to talk with over the phone.

Any issues with installing the gas block or anything I need to watch out for other than the regular installation and torque of the barrel? What does it group like with the 22 Nosler at 100 yds?

Originally Posted By: Schwend78Any issues with installing the gas block or anything I need to watch out for other than the regular installation and torque of the barrel? What does it group like with the 22 Nosler at 100 yds?

I put it together the same as all my others. I used a Superlative block with Coda handguard. It shoots 3/4" easily with factory 55gr Nosler ammo

I also have an Axelson Carbon Fiber 15" handguard to go on it as well. I am going to go with the Superlative Arms gas block as well. What is the gas block size? .936?

Just for perspective, I am building a light prairie dog gun and want to shoot the lighter bullets. I thought about buying some Fiocchi Extrema in 40gr and 50gr just to see what it will do in a 1:8 twist. I would assume that those weights would be ideal in a 1:12 twist, but beggars can't be choosers.. lol What are your experiences with a fast twist and light bullet? Should I just stick to 60gr and above?

Last edited:
Back