Crow Height

Have googled this but can only find the length. What I need to know if someone can tell me how tall a crow is flat footed to the top of its head?? I need the info so I can range them in my scope. Any help would be appreciated. This is the common Eastern crow also.

That's a good question for Jeopardy. LOL.

I have shot the heck out of crows for decades but never considered the height of one.

Yeah, I can use a rangefinder but I have 2 scopes with the same reticle that you can range an animal or object real quick with and the crow is the only one I can't get the height on. I would guess between 9-12" tall but don't know for sure.

Last edited:
I now use 9" for hold value. In your area you have the Fish crow(found near water) and American crow. The Fish crow is slightly smaller. If I use 10" for holds I seem to start to miss over the top along side the head.

Thanks for the info. My scope on range calibration is set for 9". I can use a rangefinder but I like the reticle too. A lot of times I also forget the rangefinder. Getting older and forget a lot of things. Thanks Again

Back