Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3201039 - 04/11/19 02:41 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: littledawg]
fw707 Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Roadside watermelon stand
Originally Posted By: littledawg
We do this to ourselves gentlemen!! We are so ignorant and prideful about posting grotesque pictures of dead coyotes that it was only a matter of time. For heaven sakes, they are using our pictures to further their cause! The common chest puffer response is "f@ck the anti's it is legal and I can post big piles of dead coyotes if I want". That ignorant attitude will ultimately change laws. I'm tellin ya if the Instagram and Facebook heroes keep posting distasteful pictures it will only get more restrictive. Why not use the same grace as big game hunters?? It can be done in a tasteful or respectful manner.

Some posts really need a ďlikeĒ button.
thumbup1

Christopher Hitchens

#3201055 - 04/11/19 07:34 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: fw707]
SlickerThanSnot Online
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: stuck in a fence
Originally Posted By: fw707
Originally Posted By: littledawg
We do this to ourselves gentlemen!! We are so ignorant and prideful about posting grotesque pictures of dead coyotes that it was only a matter of time. For heaven sakes, they are using our pictures to further their cause! The common chest puffer response is "f@ck the anti's it is legal and I can post big piles of dead coyotes if I want". That ignorant attitude will ultimately change laws. I'm tellin ya if the Instagram and Facebook heroes keep posting distasteful pictures it will only get more restrictive. Why not use the same grace as big game hunters?? It can be done in a tasteful or respectful manner.

Some posts really need a ďlikeĒ button.
thumbup1

yep. can not find anything in that post i don't like.

one of these thumbup1 will have to do.

#3201142 - 04/12/19 07:06 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: AllPredatorCalls]
Bradsbirds Offline

Loc: Illinois....southern portion
We watch our political "leaders" literally applaud a law allowing the killing of a baby even after being born, then listen to them associate the killing of a coyote at a level of manslaughter of another human. It's like living in the twilight zone. Yet, I say Kudos to littledawg and his post. We are our worst enemy. Simply spouting "it's legal so Pzzz off" isn't going to accomplish anything.

#3201144 - 04/12/19 07:27 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: AllPredatorCalls]
steve garrett Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: tx
the reason I think its not right. for one thing you have people doing in many cases illegal things to do it. night hunting in areas where its illegal. blasting through areas to reach numbers, with no regard to enjoying the scenery or the hunting experience.

besides look at who wins these deals anyways. in most cases they get some secret hookup on some sort of private land. its not a gauge of who is the best predator caller anyways.

so if its not really a gauge of who the best predator caller is, is it really a contest? or is it a I am better than you type deal. I personally believe its disrespectful of the animal and the experience of predator calling. you don't have to agree. The only problem I see letting a ban happen is it expanding into regular hunting. but if the ban was just that a ban and no more. I am all for it and hope it happens.

#3201158 - 04/12/19 10:48 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: AllPredatorCalls]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Henderson,Nevada,USA
Good thing your Texas opinion holds no water in Nevada. Any law restricting more freedom, and that is based on personal opinion and not facts pertaining to the well being of that in question, is never a good idea.

Average response time for a 911 call is 10 min.
Average response time for a .45acp is 900FPS.

Remember, if you're not pissing off a liberal......You are one!
Ted Nugent

#3201375 - 04/14/19 11:02 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: AllPredatorCalls]
NUT_dogger Offline

Loc: Northern Utah
littledawg couldn't have said it any better. We never used to be under any pressure until the WCCC started to get big and the "for hire" killers came in. Then it was the "Insta Heros" and the "youtube influencers" who are only out there to make a name for themselves and try to be somebody and get paid for what the rest of us do to recreate, that our sport start to get recognized. I love calling, been doing it 24 years only once joined a "comp" wasn't for me. It's not the contests that are hurting us it is some US that are killing the rest of US by putting themselves in front of every social media they can and exploiting the resources we have for profit and fame. Texas or not, Utah or not I hunt Nevada regularly, I wish contest holders would back off and go away. What is going on now with the sport over the last ten years even has become a joke. Same thing with shed hunting, why do some always try to make a buck off the wildlife and end up hurting everyone else in the long run?

#3201391 - 04/15/19 09:25 AM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: crapshoot]
Bradsbirds Offline

Originally Posted By: crapshoot
.... Any law restricting more freedom, and that is based on personal opinion and not facts pertaining to the well being of that in question, is never a good idea.

If that was the case, all we should be concerned about is the scientific/biological "facts" that contribute to legal harvest limits, season dates, etc.... If my State biologists have determined it is OK for me to kill 2 male Whitetail deer per year and I purchase my license, then I should be able to go shoot 2 and then just let them lay in the woods. I don't care about putting antlers on the wall and why should I be required to go through the whole process of gutting, dragging, hanging, butchering, wrapping and freezing the meat? The State said it was OK to kill 2 and I just want to kill my 2 for "fun". Those darn Wanton waste laws require me to retain the meat for myself or donate it to a processor for distribution to homeless shelters. That law has no scientific/biological bases, it is based on ethics (human opinions) so I'm guessing it is just another infringement on our "freedom" and should be abolished. Like the coyote that doesn't care if it was shot by a rancher, competition participant, or lone hunter, the deer doesn't care if I'm cooking the loins on my Weber grill or his carcass is being picked clean by coyotes and vultures.

#3201405 - 04/15/19 12:29 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: AllPredatorCalls]
DAA Offline
PM senior

Loc: Salt Lake City
I wouldn't mind if contests just went away. To tell you why, would mean airing a bunch of dirty laundry in public. But you want to talk about giving our hobby a black eye? I could tell you first hand accounts of contest hunters going way, way, WAY beyond the lines of safety, legality, common sense etc. Doing meth to stay up and hunt for 48 hours straight? Check - seen that. Driving literally 100 MPH to make check in after staying up for 48 hours on meth? Check - seen that. Illegal spotlighting, trespassing, theft, cheating, physical violence, on and on.

I've seen way too much contest hunting bull crap to have any use for any of it. The first time I ever became aware that contests existed, is when I sold two coyotes in the field to a couple guys hunting the Utah state championship. Later I heard it only took three to win it that year, lol!

I got no use for contests, at all.

- DAA

#3201406 - 04/15/19 01:13 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: AllPredatorCalls]
Infidel 762 Offline

Loc: Okie
The majority of photos used by activists against coyote killing contests are pictures of the animal in their natural setting alive and well. They love flashing pictures of cute looking pups or coyotes with a nice coat looking innocent. Most of the carnage pictures are not taken off a Facebook or Instagram post. What gives their carnage pictures the most cred is for an advocate to go to the check in and take pictures or video of what they witnessed first-hand.

They already have templates of letters to send out in protest. Pretty simple, just download and type in the ďfrom whoĒ and ďto whoĒ;

https://www.humanesociety.org/sites/default/files/docs/coyote-stop-wildlife-killing-contests.pdf

We are a little bit too late if we think we can keep anti-hunting activists from finding pictures to use in support of their propaganda. There is so much drama on social media that I have quite posting my hunts anywhere other than my personal Facebook. Lately I have been even questioning that and missing the old days when it seemed like I was the only one hunting them in my area.

#3201407 - 04/15/19 01:14 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: DAA]
SlickerThanSnot Online
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: stuck in a fence
Originally Posted By: DAA
The first time I ever became aware that contests existed, is when I sold two coyotes in the field to a couple guys hunting the Utah state championship. Later I heard it only took three to win it that year, lol!

lmao

#3201456 - 04/16/19 02:45 AM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
arielp Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Az
Iím just curious as to what littledawg is meaning grotesque pictures? Are you talking about pictures with coyotes heads blown off or a massive exit wound? Or are meaning guys who take pictures with their weekend harvest lined up??

#3201474 - 04/16/19 09:31 AM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: arielp]
Bradsbirds Offline

Originally Posted By: arielp
Iím just curious as to what littledawg is meaning grotesque pictures? Are you talking about pictures with coyotes heads blown off or a massive exit wound? Or are meaning guys who take pictures with their weekend harvest lined up??

Really? If you can't find "gross" and pics, you're not looking very hard.......here's a real easy one. Ebaum's world "hunting coyotes with snowmobile" youtube video. You get to see him run down and over a coyote several times, watch him peel the skin with his tracks as he sits on the coyote and "woo-hoo" like an idiot. It's not "hunting" as most of us consider it, but "hunting" is in the title and is great fodder for anti groups. "legal" ? I guess. There is so much more if you care to search, and if you think the other side isn't, you are mis-leading yourself.

#3201518 - 04/16/19 06:44 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: Bradsbirds]
arielp Offline
Predator Master

Donít get your panties in a wad dude I was asking a simple question. I wanted to see what littledawg meant by grotesque and thatís it?? I donít agree with people posting half blown up coyotes or head shots or running coyotes down with snowmobiles or whatever it may be but thatís why I wanted clarification on what littledawg meant. I have no desire to watch stupid videos like that and the more we watch them the more views they get and the more fuel for their fire we give them.

#3201524 - 04/16/19 08:11 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: AllPredatorCalls]
Bradsbirds Offline

Yeah you're right, guess I implied a little attitude there, sorry. I'm just passionate about coyote hunting and this whole competition/"it's legal"/gross photo thing has struck a nerve.

#3201527 - 04/16/19 08:31 PM Re: Nevada Coyote Contests - Bill Carries Penalties Equal To Manslaughter [Re: Bradsbirds]
arielp Offline
Predator Master

No worries man. Yes sir I hear where your coming from and a lot of it has to do with social media and YouTube in my opinion. The only thing that I donít agree with is fellow predator hunters saying I hope they ban contest. Really guys?? I donít care if you agree or disagree with contest hunting the fact of the matter is that now they have their foot in the door and are infringing on our freedoms, they are going to be targeting more and more hunters. Just because Iím not a trapper doesnít mean Iím gonna say I hope they ban trapping because itís really messing up my hunting areas and I think trapping is unethical (which I donít believe, just using an example). Thatís how you guys sound saying they want contests banned and guess what? You got your wish, contest hunting is banned in Nm where I was born and raised and now they are gonna to ban it in Arizona where I currently reside.

I personally am a contest hunter and I really do enjoy entering contest and competing against some of the best around my region. Am I sad or upset that contest are banned, of course I am. Is it the end of the world? NO. I have taking years off from contest hunting before and it didnít bother me one bit and I will be fine to never do a contest again in my life. But if you think they are just targeting contest you are deeply mistaken, trapping will be next and then they will try and limit how many coyotes you can shoot a year and so on and so on.

Sorry for the rant, had it on my mind last few days. Have a good evening men

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.