Two coyotes with shotguns today!

Looking out my back window this morning and all I see is white from another 4" of fresh snow making me long for some greenery, like in your awesome pics. Love seeing the different country. Thanks for sharing Bob.

songdog you just live on the wrong side of the divide> It is green here and the fruit trees are starting to bloom.

derbyacresbob, thanks for the info. I just got a Beretta a350 and am trying different combos to "reach" the ideal combo. I really appreciate the data.

Originally Posted By: redhazederbyacresbob, thanks for the info. I just got a Beretta a350 and am trying different combos to "reach" the ideal combo. I really appreciate the data.

If the a 350 is the same inside diameter as the a390 silver mallard and pintail get a kicks .670 goblin thunder for BB shot and .680 for number four buck. Both loads will put 6 pellets in a 5” circle at 60 yards for me. Check the sticky here in shotgun patterns.

I went on Bucks website and it dosent show what the shot looks like. The stuff I use is the first generation HDBB loads which are perfectly round BB’s you could load in a BB gun. The second gen HD was uneven blobs a globs of molten tungsten which doesn't pattern as consistent and looks like crap. Which is it? Can you post some pics?

Heck, there in pine island...that’s about and hour and a half from me. I might have to find them the next time I drive to the twin cities.

The third row first four pellets on the left Is what I’m referring to on this post. You can see they are perfectly round and bronze colored. They designed them to be perfectly round and equal in weight for superior patterns..,,

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2535783

I did buy a whole case of the 25 count boxes of federal 1 7/8” oz lead federal wingshot copper plated BB’s off a poster here about 2 years ago. So I’m good for a while.lol. It I’d like to get into reloading shot gun HD shot. Been reloading rifle ammo for a few decades but never shotgun.

Last edited:
IMG_8231 by [/url], on Flickr

The above picture is the only picture of the HW13 BB shot from Buck's Run that I could find. The pellets are round with a small ring around some of them.

I saw two different shot types that were in the Remington Wingmaster HD loads. The first loads had a copper colored HD shot in them and then I saw the silver colored round HD shot in the Rem UHD HD loads.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2fq5W82 t=_blank]IMG_1708 by [/url], on Flickr

In the above picture the copper colored round pellets are Remington HD BB shot the ugly dark shot is Hevi-Shot "B" shot taken out of a Hevi-Shot Goose load.

The only shot I have ever seen that is not round and has clingons welded to the side of the shot is the original Remington Hevi-Shot and EMI's Hevi-Shot.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TgRmpu t=_blank]IMG_7936 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156463377@N08/, on Flickr

In the above picture is the Remington HD shot I took out of the Rem HD UHD 2-3/4" BB loads.

The HW13 BB shot that Bucks Run sells is good stuff. But you have to call them to order it. 1-507-356-2195

Thanks for the pics. Heavy shot looks like nasty uneven various sized dribbles as well. I cut one open years ago. Kinda like volcano run off.

Bucks shot I can live with. I’ll have to look for a shotgun shell reloader setup

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbob

The HW13 BB shot that Bucks Run sells is good stuff. But you have to call them to order it. 1-507-356-2195

What are you using for Wads and Powder in your reloads?

What choke tubes are you guys using? Factory tubes or aftermarket? Tired some 4 buck loads from Lyman's recipes years ago! My son wasn't to impressed, and I plucked some fur off one at thirty yards. Never did find that one! Read into the HW13 years ago just never pulled the trigger on it yet. Also what's the 12 ga. CC/BB shot? Not familiar with that one.

Originally Posted By: BoommeupWhat choke tubes are you guys using? Factory tubes or aftermarket? Tired some 4 buck loads from Lyman's recipes years ago! My son wasn't to impressed, and I plucked some fur off one at thirty yards. Never did find that one! Read into the HW13 years ago just never pulled the trigger on it yet. Also what's the 12 ga. CC/BB shot? Not familiar with that one.

The 12g/cc BB pellets are the perfect size and density for killing coyotes unless you want to pay twice as much for TSS shot.

12 g/cc is the density of the shot. 12 g/cc shot is about 10% denser than lead shot. So a 12 g/cc BB pellet weighs more than a lead BB pellet that is 11.1 g/cc.

1 steel 7.86 g/cc BB pellet weighs 6.11 gr
1 Bismuth 9.6 g/cc BB pellet weighs 7.51 gr
1 lead 11.1 g/cc BB pellet weighs 8.52 gr
1 Hevi-Shot 12.0 g/cc BB pellet weighs 9.30 gr
1 HW15 15.0 g/cc BB pellet weighs 11.63 gr
1 TSS 18.0 g/cc BB pellet weighs 13.9 gr

On paper the 12 g/cc BB pellet weighing .78 gr more than a lead BB pellet doesn't look like much. But the 12 g/cc tungsten alloy pellet is also much harder than the lead pellet. Since the 12 g/cc pellet is harder and heavier it penetrates and breaks bones much better than the lighter softer lead pellet does.

Thanks derby! This is a whole another can of worms to me... Who carrys this 12 g/cc pellet you speak of? Does this require a special wad? It would be nice to cut through all the hype of factory loads! Especially with the ammo there producing now.

Back