Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3201099 - 04/12/19 11:23 AM Source for Blanks
marcus_robinson Offline

Loc: Southern Utah
Hello
I have been building calls off and on for a few years. I am just wondering if anyone has a good source for blanks. I have bought blanks from a couple places online but was just wondering where everyone gets their wood blanks from. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Marcus

#3201138 - 04/12/19 06:52 PM Re: Source for Blanks [Re: marcus_robinson]
BMeyer Offline
Custom Call Maker

Loc: Iowa
Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I search far and wide to find what I am after at a fair (if you can call it that) price. Never found a single place that has even a fraction of what I am looking for under one roof. I probably buy from Gilmer Wood Co out of Oregon as much as any other place. And donít rule out eBay, though you rarely get a good buy there.

#3201167 - 04/13/19 12:27 AM Re: Source for Blanks [Re: marcus_robinson]
dogcatcher Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: West Texas
Do you have any small sawmills in your part of the state?

#3201253 - 04/13/19 08:50 PM Re: Source for Blanks [Re: dogcatcher]
ohioyotehntr Offline
Custom Call Maker

Loc: Chillicothe,Ohio
I have found a couple guys that Iíve been getting nice, quality blanks from. Reasonably priced blanks are hard to find that are good quality is the problem Iíve found. Look up Chester Farm Woods. He sells a lot of blanks on Facebook too

#3201418 - 04/15/19 06:12 PM Re: Source for Blanks [Re: ohioyotehntr]
marcus_robinson Offline

Loc: Southern Utah
Originally Posted By: BMeyer
Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I search far and wide to find what I am after at a fair (if you can call it that) price. Never found a single place that has even a fraction of what I am looking for under one roof. I probably buy from Gilmer Wood Co out of Oregon as much as any other place. And donít rule out eBay, though you rarely get a good buy there.

I've looked a bit on ebay. I just haven't bought any. I was hoping I'd find a little better prices.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Do you have any small sawmills in your part of the state?

There are a few small ones around but we don't have many big hardwoods around here. Our saw mills are cutting up pines and fir.

Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntr
I have found a couple guys that Iíve been getting nice, quality blanks from. Reasonably priced blanks are hard to find that are good quality is the problem Iíve found. Look up Chester Farm Woods. He sells a lot of blanks on Facebook too

Thanks. I'll look him up. I have found a couple more guys on FB that have some too. Appreciate the info!

Moderator:  220_Swift, carvercalls 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.