Source for Blanks

marcus_robinson

Hello
I have been building calls off and on for a few years. I am just wondering if anyone has a good source for blanks. I have bought blanks from a couple places online but was just wondering where everyone gets their wood blanks from. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Marcus

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I search far and wide to find what I am after at a fair (if you can call it that) price. Never found a single place that has even a fraction of what I am looking for under one roof. I probably buy from Gilmer Wood Co out of Oregon as much as any other place. And don’t rule out eBay, though you rarely get a good buy there.

I have found a couple guys that I’ve been getting nice, quality blanks from. Reasonably priced blanks are hard to find that are good quality is the problem I’ve found. Look up Chester Farm Woods. He sells a lot of blanks on Facebook too

Originally Posted By: BMeyerProbably not the answer you are looking for, but I search far and wide to find what I am after at a fair (if you can call it that) price. Never found a single place that has even a fraction of what I am looking for under one roof. I probably buy from Gilmer Wood Co out of Oregon as much as any other place. And don’t rule out eBay, though you rarely get a good buy there.

I've looked a bit on ebay. I just haven't bought any. I was hoping I'd find a little better prices.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherDo you have any small sawmills in your part of the state?

There are a few small ones around but we don't have many big hardwoods around here. Our saw mills are cutting up pines and fir.

Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntrI have found a couple guys that I’ve been getting nice, quality blanks from. Reasonably priced blanks are hard to find that are good quality is the problem I’ve found. Look up Chester Farm Woods. He sells a lot of blanks on Facebook too

Thanks. I'll look him up. I have found a couple more guys on FB that have some too. Appreciate the info!

Back