Side charger

I have 7 bca's which is what I think Midway carries and brands as their Stoner. I think Bears Creek is out of stock at the time but I spoke with him and they have more coming. They always have the complete receiver and bolt combo for 119.99.

One of my good friends and I have about a half-dozen Bear Creek Arsenal uppers. Mine are all conventional but he has side chargers. Absolutely no issues at all.

Originally Posted By: scrowI take it you have no problems with them, looking for a 6.5 grendel
No issues at all. I have em on 6.5x6.8, 6x6.8s, 22 noslers, 6x45 and 20 prac and I have serveral friends with them. Greatest thing since sliced bread imo. Dual charge are nice too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223I have 7 bca's which is what I think Midway carries and brands as their Stoner. I think Bears Creek is out of stock at the time but I spoke with him and they have more coming. They always have the complete receiver and bolt combo for 119.99.

I have one, a Stoner side charger in 300 Blackout.
Mine has a 16-inch barrel with a pistol gas tube for subsonic rounds. It works.
I have read good things about them, From MidwayUSA.

I've got a Joe Bob's side charger that works great on my 6.8. Kind of wish it was reciprocating, but it comes with a cam pin that lets you use your existing BCG, which is nice. Joe Bob's, Gibbz and I believe NFA are the same design. The nice thing about this design is the lack of any kind of hole for the charging handle which eliminates gas in your face.

I think the reciprocating part is great because then you can shove the bolt closed quietly. Unless I'm missing something on the non-reciprocating that allows you to do this. I assume they don't.

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorAnyone know if a brass catcher like rebs will work on a reciprocating side charger?

that'll depend on the side charger

the basket on the Caldwell Picatinny style catcher is large enough to allow the BCA side chargers to reciprocate.

i also have an older style LAR OPS4 left hand charge, right eject that has no problems too
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorAnyone know if a brass catcher like rebs will work on a reciprocating side charger?

Lets find out. I sent you a PM.

I've got a brass catcher that slips over the Pic rail that I bought off the EE over at 68forums. For the life of me I can't think of the the company name. (Sorry guy from NE) It works great on my JBO side charger. If the name comes to me tomorrow i'll post it.

Originally Posted By: LazerusI have reb's brass catcher on several of my side chargers. Works just fine.
I run one of my BCA side charger and its hit or miss if it catches them. If its doesnt catch them it sure knocks them down at my feet which is fine as well. Those catchers are on every single AR I have

I have the Joe Bobs and I use the cadwel one works great. Also does not put gas in my eye when running the muffler.

Back