Leupold or Vortex rangefinder?

Santiago

I'm confused but have to decide to get any one of them.
I'm unable to justify the Leica 1000 for $600, so I am considering the leupold 1200 1000, and the Vortex ranger. Because there have a lot of great reviews here-
https://opticsaddict.com/rangefinder/
From what I have read the leupold might be better quality optics and a little faster, but vortex has the warranty...
What would you choose?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zr600Look at the Leica 2400r they are very competitively priced for what you get.

As a supporting vendor here it would be our pleasure to assist you with this

What about the new Sig with applied ballistics? They are on sale right now at basspro for around 225 I think.

Last edited:
I can't comment on the Leupold since I haven't used one. I do have a Vortex Ranger 1000 and am very pleased with it. It will easily range reflective targets like big rocks at over 1,000 yards, and animals as far as I can hold it steady on them (maybe 700 yards or so). I'd buy it again.

Santiaggo, I've had all three and currently have the Vortex (can't remember exactly model of the Lieca but it was similar price range).

The Lieca was best followed by the Leupold and Vortex is distant last. There is just something about the Vortex that doesn't work as easily in the field. I can't put my finger on it but it doesn't want to read easily. I'd get the Leupold hands down if a Lieca isn't an option. I don't believe they give up much if anything on the warranty either.

We issue the Leupold Rx1000i TBR/DNA to our Sniper/Observer team. I've used it for several years both at work and play... zero issues.

I recently picked up a like new 1200i off Ebay for $200.00. I've used it quite a bit so far with zero issues.

Great deals can be had on used ones if you look around.

Back