Round 7

DoubleUp

At 11:45 I had a fox on the bait pile, but decided to take one look with the XQ50 across the field. Up trots a coyote at 100 yds. out in the field. So, I shoot her right where she is standing and she is down for the count.

Crazy part is I went out picked her up took some pictures and put her behind my shop under the shelter so an eagle or buzzard wouldn't be on her first thing in the morning. Came back in here to load up the video and picture and alarm goes off.

Go into the office and it is the big coyote from last night on the bait pile at 12:45. Wife was having some stomach issues tonight and already asleep, so I gave the big male a pass tonight. He is getting plenty of chicken. I expect he may be the mate to the one I killed at 11:45 but she didn't appear to be carrying pups and not nursing. Here is the picture.

IMG_0479 by Double Up, on Flickr

Here is the video:

Nice work. Sure nice when they come to you. You didn't waste much gas on the last 3
thumbup.gif

True, but I had a tip last night from a farmer where he had seen 4 coyotes in a field where he was pulling dirt. He said they came by the tractor close enough he could have killed them with a pellet gun. As usually seems to happen though, the spot didn't pay off last night at all. We never saw or heard a thing there, and nothing was moving much. About 11 last night the foxes started hitting my bait pile, so I assume predators didn't move early. I'll take the "cheap" ones when they come along.

The male returned last night, but made his arrival between 2 and 3, so I didn't connect with him. His time will come. Hope to pick up a couple more calling before the moon wipes most places. Will be at 40% tonight, so getting pretty bright over the next week or so.

Back