My Savage A 17 feeds fine but my buddies doesn't

ironworker

My buddies Savage A 17 has given him nothing but problems from magazines falling out ( New stock fixed that) to only fire 3-4 shots and it either jams or feed failure. Has there ever been a fix for the feeding problems ?

Last edited:
Has he tried a different magazine and they all cause problems or does he only have the one it came with, which is causing him grief?

Is your buddies in one of the wood laminated stocks or does his have the plastic stock?

I know from personal experience with others, if I get the action screws wrenched down to tight, it has caused me problems with how the mags snap in and feed as well. I'd probably check that first.

My A17 is the Target Sporter model and like yours, all of the different magazines I have for mine work and feed with no issues

Cave Dweller talks about his A17 on Youtube. Talks about making them more accurate and feeding issues. Its a short video but he's got his figured out. Just FYI.

has he contacted savage?

their CS department is top knotch... i'd start there before you get to tinkering and do something that might void your warranty.

Back