Round 6

DoubleUp

Picked up my Suppressor today, and got it sighted in late this afternoon. Actually the POI didn't shift, so I just confirmed Zero and checked function. One of the things I want to see is if the suppressor stays zeroed when taken off and put back on. I think it will. I might want to use it on a bolt action on the bait pile. I'll explain why in a little bit.

Coyote came in tonight at 9:40. I got my first suppressor kill. Female, but not showing any sign of being pregnant. My wife said the burned powder smell in the office was bad after the shot. I suppose it is the extra gas blow back in the action, so I may have to either go with an adjustable block or switch to a bolt action to shoot from inside. It was pretty quiet as she didn't know I had shot.

I was really pleased with the sound from inside though, and my wife not hearing it, and really glad to get my first suppressor kill the first night I had it.

Here is the first kill.

IMG_0476 by Double Up, on Flickr

Video:

DoubleUp, you are definitely a predator master. You are like the energizer bunny, you just keep on going. Great job.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpIt is a Dakota Varminter 4.0, direct thread, 30 cal.

Did you use it in the long or shorter configuration? They are definitely nice and you put it to good use right off! Well done

I'm using it in the long configuration. I may get around to trying it in the shorter version at some point.

Back