Filter or shuttered eyepiece for Pulsar?

jk2paintworx

I have a XP50 Trail and Helion combo and I keep my Helion on a lanyard around my neck. The screens on these units put out a lot of light and I can't imagine that it helps matters when the scanner is swinging around lighting me up when I am not using it. I usually stick a lens cloth in the eyepiece on my Trail when I am not looking through it but that's not the ideal setup.

I have found limited info on this through searches but it looks like there are a couple options. There are some shuttered eyepieces for PVS units as well as some amber filters. Does anyone have part numbers or opinions about which route I should the best and if there are any drawbacks?

Why don't you keep them both or at least the scope on standby? Fairly easy to hit the button to bring the screen on. I scan with both a XD19a and a Helion XP28 with the scope on standby. I "roll" the scanner off to the side quickly so as not to light up my face and set it down and then turn on the scope as I bring the rifle up care full not to get the light on my face. Shot close to 170 coyotes now and maybe had 1 detect me changing from scanner to scope. Got to be better than what your doing.

I can’t say that I have necessarily lost any from them seeing me (that I know of) but it’s just something that seems like could be easily addressed with a eyepiece. Turning the screen off is fine too but when having a coyote coming in close and having to turn one screen off and another on seems cumbersome, especially with gloves.

Back