Fox Pro CS24C going back

P&Y

So I have a Foxpro CS24C I am supposed to send in for warranty. I plan on snow goose hunting soon and don't have another e-caller. Even though the CS24C sucks it is better than nothing.

Wondering how long turn around time will be from anyone who has sent theirs back. Thank you!

Turn around is usually quick. You should have asked them while you were on the phone with them. Why do you say the CS 24C sucks? I have not heard of anybody not liking the CS 24 line. I have the original and think it is a great call.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Turn around is usually quick. You should have asked them while you were on the phone with them. Why do you say the CS 24C sucks? I have not heard of anybody not liking the CS 24 line. I have the original and think it is a great call.

FWIW I didn't ask because I would rather ask members here. I know my friend sent in his Karatoa II this winter and he was without it many weeks but that's the only experience I know of.

I say it sucks because the remote rarely works and has pathetic range. When it does work inputs are delayed so it makes using it in the field very difficult. Cost me a bunch of coyotes this year. It is not as loud as my two friend's Primo Alpha Doggs either. Just based on price I thought it should be at least as loud.

Glad you like yours! I read some bad reviews online before purchasing but most were positive, although I've known negative reviews to get file 13'd by some sites!

Cant remember which Primos I had, I think it was the Alpha Dog and it had no where near the volume or range that my CS 24 does. My CS 24 is extremely loud.

I expected mine to be better than one costing a fraction as much! Again I'm glad you like yours.

I hoped for good quality being it's a US based company. That's what swayed me to try them again for the new purchase.

Bummer to hear about your CS-24C. I found that the remote range is severely limited when the call is on the ground. I put mine up in trees or bushes to maximize my range. In the event that I can't do that, I plop it down on top of a camo tripod.

I hope Foxpro can get you back in the game quickly.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoBummer to hear about your CS-24C. I found that the remote range is severely limited when the call is on the ground. I put mine up in trees or bushes to maximize my range. In the event that I can't do that, I plop it down on top of a camo tripod.

I hope Foxpro can get you back in the game quickly.

Thanks, I noticed that really helps, still pathetic, but better!

You must have just got a bad unit. I purchased a Shockwave new a few years ago and it was great for one day. On the 2nd day the speakers were crackling and popping with any kind of volume. I returned it and bought a used cs24b with the tx505. It's been a great caller and I have yet to find a situation where the remote doesn't work. That said I haven't taken it last prob 50 yards but on several occasions it's been out of sight behind a rock, tree etc.

Are you sending it for warranty or just returning it? FYI, if you bought it from scheels just call them. I'd bet money they will exchange it if it's not already 6 months old.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorYou must have just got a bad unit. I purchased a Shockwave new a few years ago and it was great for one day. On the 2nd day the speakers were crackling and popping with any kind of volume. I returned it and bought a used cs24b with the tx505. It's been a great caller and I have yet to find a situation where the remote doesn't work. That said I haven't taken it last prob 50 yards but on several occasions it's been out of sight behind a rock, tree etc.

Are you sending it for warranty or just returning it? FYI, if you bought it from scheels just call them. I'd bet money they will exchange it if it's not already 6 months old.

I hope your right! I would prefer to return it and get a Lucky Duck but I think my only option is to use the warranty. I'm going to limp it through spring snow goose season first.

Thought I would update and let those who have helped know I sent the call off today. Hopefully it's an easy fix!

Update: Got the call back today, 2 week's total turn around. They replaced the boards and modules and then tested it. They claimed remote worked at 100 yds. Order didn't say anything about testing it when they received it so no real detail as to what/if anything was defective.

It's up for sale now.
Thanks to those who helped!

So after all that your going to sell it? Why not run it through its paces?? Maybe kill some stuff with it...

My friend has one and its a great call, he loves it..

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTESo after all that your going to sell it? Why not run it through its paces?? Maybe kill some stuff with it...

My friend has one and its a great call, he loves it..

Confidence.

P&Y you should just get a lucky duck because you won’t be happy until you do. Good Luck
Myself I love my fox pro’s!

Back