Foxpro Fusion vs. FX7/Hammejack

SnowmanMo

Administrator
Staff member
You may have seen the review that we posted up on our Youtube channel where we reviewed the Foxpro Fusion. I also posted a link in the Predator Hunting forum. But I did not include the results of our FX7 in the video due to time constraints.

While I love the Fusion, we did not have such a great experience with the FX7. I originally got the FX7 because Foxpro had stated that the FX7/Hammerjack was the replacement for the Crossfire in that "price category." The FX7 is the Hammerjack without the included decoy. We don't typically run decoys so that was the reason we went with the FX7.

While they might have been in the same price category, they were not in the same quality category. The Crossfire definitely sounded better than the FX7. In fact, even with pellet holes in the speaker the Crossfire sounded better and had more volume. We tested them side by side with multiple guys from the team evaluating them both. The call clarity was not as good on the FX7.

For us, call clarity is a must for foxes and bobcats. Volume is not such a consideration.

I did like the TX-915 remote. It was a lot like the TX-505 that the Crossfire ran. The main difference was that the 915 does not have the preset buttons on the main keypad, and it doesn't have them on the sides of the remote either. It is set up more like the TX-1000 remote with calls grouped together by type as opposed to a scrolling entire list. So the TX-915 got good marks from us on that. The TX-915 also has a longer range at 200 yards. But unless you are long range hunting, I don't see that as a big advantage.

Overall I have to give the edge to the Fusion for call clarity and volume. While I liked the TX-915 remote, the TX-1000 with all of it's other features gets the edge on that even though the TX-1000 only has a 100 yard range.

I can understand a newer caller maybe leaning towards the FX7/Hammerjack due to cost. But for only $150 and all the extras you get in the Fusion, I would upgrade. Don't get me wrong, after listening to the FX7, I know that I could call coyotes with it. The call quality was good enough for that. If you need more volume you could always go with the SP-60 external speaker.

I personally use a CS-24 for coyotes, so this call was bought entirely for calling bobcats and foxes. My CS-24 is a bit too powerful for bobcats and foxes, unless I am in high winds, that has been the only time that I have called in bobcats and foxes with the CS-24.

So for a predator hunters first caller, the FX7/Hammerjack will work for coyotes.

But the Fusion gets my vote.

Go check them out over at our friends at https://allpredatorcalls.com/categories/Electronic-Calls/FOXPRO/

And check out our Youtube channel review of the Fusion to see it in action at

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMo My CS-24 is a bit too powerful for bobcats and foxes,

send me a pm and i will tell you which button fixes that.
lol.gif

Back