The NGI/PVS-14 Photonis 4G ECHO Hybrid Photocathode (Gen. 2+) is here! $2514.00-2575.00

NGI_TOM

Looking for the next great deal?!

The NGI/PVS-14 is a Photonis 4G ECHO Hybrid Photocathode (Gen 2+) night vision monocular based on the standard issue AN/PVS-14.  Our professionally-trained and experienced technicians assemble the NGI/PVS-14 according to U.S. Military guide lines, using factory-new parts and Photonis 4G ECHO factory image intensifier tubes.

The Photonis 4G Hybrid Photocathode uses the same technological infrastructure as Generation 2 image intensifier tubes making them a Gen 2+ tube, however, Photonis has pushed the boundaries of the Gen 2 architecture to produce some of the very best tubes on the market for the hunter, sportsman, and enthusiast at a significantly lower cost than Gen 3 image intensifiers. The 4G ECHO tubes used in the NGI/PVS-14 are commercial production units based on the 4G INTENS image intensifier used by many foreign allied military and law enforcement organizations due to export restrictions on Gen 3 image intensifiers.

The Photonis 4G ECHO is available in both P43 (Green) and P45 (White) Phosphor, and provides excellent performance in high (50%+ illum) and mixed light conditions, however will need more supplemental IR illumination than Gen 3 tubes in extremely dark conditions, and will begin to lose resolution in low light often needed to positively individuals, weapons, and other objects more quickly than Gen 3 tubes. This makes them less suited to law enforcement and military applications where fine detail resolution and PID is mission critical compared to Gen 3 units. However, for hunters, sportsmen, and enthusiasts who need to be able to see in the dark for navigation, movement, general identification, visual augmentation, and range work, they are an excellent and cost-effective option. Now with a 10 year warranty!

NGI/PVS-14 Photonis 4G ECHO Hybrid Photo...sphor $2575.00!

Tom,

Very interesting... If one were to want one of these and he/she wanted the helmet along with it rigged the way you have it all set up how much extra would we be looking at and if you don't mind can you break it down to what each piece of extra equipment is for? A brief explanation would be good for now.

If it's already on your website please forgive. I'm working stupid hours lately and am not as sharp as I might normally be but even then I'm not necessarily the sharpest tool in the shed...
wink.gif

Since I got my thermal monocular I've been craving an NV helmet mounted goggle set up similar to the one in your picture on this page and frankly didn't know what to ask for.

$bob$

OK.... Hopefully you'll be patient with me. I have some newbie questions.

1. Is the Wilcox mount able to be adapted for either right eye or left eye configuration? I would rather have it over (in front of) my left eye which is my dominant eye and that way I wouldn't have to close the other eye to use it. I shoot with my right eye so hopefully I'd be able to just raise my rifle, lean into the stock and acquire the sight picture with my "shooting eye" and shoot all without having to swing the PVS14 up and away each time I wanted to look at something in my thermal rifle scope.

2. It appears that you're out of stock with the helmets. Any idea when you'll get more? Also what color is the one you're pictured wearing?

3. What is the IR illuminator that you have on yours? Is that your favorite? It appears to be the Surefire V1 Vampire. Is this one of the IR Illuminators that doesn't emit light in the visible range for game and I specifically mean coyotes?

1- Yes sir, this mount is ambi for either eye.
2- Certain sizes in certain colors are in stock. We always have helmets on order so the wait time usually isn’t very long on these. The one pictured is a Multicam.
3- You are correct. I’m running the Sure Fire Vampire. There’s a small red glow emitted that is not noticeable to humans or animals outside of a few yards. This light is perfect for walking around. If you plan to shoot with it you will want an IR light with more power attached to the gun. Like our Torch Pro MKII for example.

Tom,

I normally wear my Peltor Amplified Ear Protection Muffs when I hunt not only to protect my hearing when I shoot but to help detect coyotes howling in answer to my howls. My hearing ain't so hot any more...

It appears that you're wearing hearing protection in the picture. If so what brand/kind are they?

It would be nice if I could use my amplified hearing protection but I suspect that's not going to be an option with the helmet.

$bob$

Back