Utah Youth Hunt

Elkeholic

Utah Youth hunt Information. Nolan Gardner contacted me with some information on a youth hunt. I am personally donating some calls and volunteered to ask a few more folks for donations. So if you can give do so by contacting myself and I will see that things get taken care of.

Now on with the hunt info.
Utah Trappers Assoc.

Welcome all coyote hunters to the 6th annual U.T.A. youth hunt

November 12th, 2005

This will be a state wide hunt for all interested coyote hunters. With a special invite to youth hunters age 17 and under accompanied by a responsible adult. We strongly encourage all participants to have completed a hunter’s safety course and also make sure your youth hunters are old enough to have a good time on a long and possibly cold day of hunting.

The basics of this hunt are as follows:

· Teams may consist of up to 3 adults and 3 youth

· Entry fees are $25 per adult, youth participate for free.

· Each team must include one current member of the UTA or one team member must pay $20 to become a member.

· Plaques will be awarded for first, second, and third place teams.

· Prizes will be awarded in separate drawings for adults and youth. All participants will be eligible for prizes. Prizes will be awarded in Nephi at the end of the hunt.

· All youth participants will win a prize.

· All proceeds from entry fees will be used to purchase prizes.

· There will be no cash prizes.

· All teams must check in after the hunt at the Juab County fairgrounds in Nephi no later than 7pm, November 12th at which time food will be served, trophies and prizes will be awarded.

All participants must pre-register by November 1st Pre- registration form is included in this mailing. Last year we had over 200 participants. Securing enough prizes is becoming difficult; therefore we strongly encourage all participants to make an effort to assist in gathering prizes to be awarded. For each $25 worth of prizes, or cash donations you bring in, you will be entered in a separate drawing for a gun (specific gun not yet determined). Please put serious effort into gathering at least one prize to ensure all participants a good opportunity to win. The prize you gather may well mean the difference of you or someone else on your team winning a prize or going home empty handed. Also please get a business card or letterhead from the prize donor so they can be recognized for their generosity. The donors name will be put in yet a separate drawing for a gun.

Our intent is to hold an event where all have fun and share the sport with our future sportsmen and women of Utah, Our youth. The organizers of this hunt put great effort into assuring a fun, safe and memorable experience for all. We hope you share this goal with us. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please feel free to contact me.

Ken Madsen

117 So. Willow St.

Grantsville, Utah 84029

(435) 884-3482

Thanks hope to see you there.

Lynn Haas Aka (Elkeholic)
Contact me for the registration forms and any other information you may need at elkaholic@haastylcalls.com

I will be there, I sent my registration in already. Will have my wife and 2 daughters with me. Hope to get each of them their first coyotes.

I am also bringing my oldest daughter, she used to like hunting, now with here being 10 and all the outside influences she is straying a bit. I hope we can get her back on track and show her how fun she can have, even if we don't get one. Hope to see you there reb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I will be the one wearing the Predator Masters hat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Yes I think it would be great to see anybody come. It is not just for the youth, but the cool thing about these folks is every single kid gets a prize and they give out around ten guns. They could really use your help. I know that all of us get hit up continuously to donate and I am sure there are more worth while causes, for example the great support you folks gave the Katrina Hurricane folks. If you have means, I would love to hear from you. I will also send anybody that donates 50.00 dollars a custom call with the voice of there choice. Just a little for a few kids. I will donate 100% of the money for them to use. So email, or PM me if you are interested. This hunt is about kids and adults sharing time and tradition.

Also if interested in coming, email or pm me and I will send you the registration info.

On the calls they will be what I have and what I can get done in no certain order or type, just know I will put my heart into it.

Also if you make, sell manufacture any thing you want to donate I will be glad to get it to them.

Thanks guys for your support.

Lynn Haas
Haastyl Calls

admin@haastylcalls.com

You guys should try and get the Utah DWR to recognize this hunt. They have anything you want on all the youth pheasant hunts and then choose to ignore this one?

The National Trappers Association could swing some excitement this way also if they would at least list the Utah's Trapping Association on there site with the others. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
confused3.gif

Hey Ken
We will donate a Woodpecker Decoy and tape for your
youth hunt Hope it helps.
Should We send it to the address on this post?

Rich Fiore

Oh man, Thank you Dakota428, I am doing this on my own for them, you can either contact Ken via this post or me and I will see it gets to him.

I agree RR, but the DWR gets nothing from this because no license sales are generated because you don't need one for coyotes in Utah. I bet if they charged and got something out of it would be a different story. It boils down to money these days IMO. If they could only realize it helps get rid of a few pesky coyotes for free they may get into it. Who knows, us Predator hunters seem to always be on our own for the most part so it seems we have to stick it out until a light kicks on with them, plus you don't have to deal with Government sticking there noses into things and managing it for us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

As it grows they may get some interest for it. It seems like it is going to stick around after 6 years and a growth to over 200 participants.

As posted above, for every 25.00 dollars in donations I collect I get a ticket for the chance to win a gun, that is NOT my motivation and if I won it I WILL donate it back for a kids only draw!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hi Lynn
The donation is on the way. I sent it to ken at the address
on your post.
Kids are the future of our sport! TAKE THEM OUT they will
love it.

Rich Fiore

Lynn,

Count me in!!!

This is by far the best hunt around.

I'm working on some pretty sweet donations right now. Hopefully 2 more guns, and some speacial hunts? Cross your fingers!!

I talked to Ken today and wil be taking the stuff to him. hopefully, on friday.

See you all there!!!!

I'll be the big ugly guy in camo!!!!

C

That's great! I talked with Ken today and he is excited about this years hunt. I would like to see a few more donations come in, so any takers? Maybe a video or two? A few custom calls from some of these fantastic call makers on PM? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif Anything would be appreciated for those kids to go home with a big grin on there faces /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Bigc see you there!

Speaking of custom made calls and youth programs, I'll give my pld friend Sly a call and see what he can do!

I'll update you later!

C

I just got off the phone with Sly Dog, he'll be shipping me some custom calls right away.

I have a few of his calls, one word....SWEET!!!!!!!!

C

this is a great idea to get kids off the streets and back to hunting. wen I was a kid everyone was hunting or had a interst in it. now its almost like pulling teeth to get my kids to come out with me. they are all grown now and one of my sons went deer hunting this year. maybe i can talk him into this hunt. LenH

Back