Coyote and Cat Trapping Photos

marcus_robinson

I haven't had much luck this year but here are a couple. I caught the female first and the male 3 days later.

EvkS6qP.jpg

trQppNH.jpg

vNJcpyu.jpg

Last edited:
I'm missing catching critters. I have a few traps out right now but i'm in a slump so I'm posting pics from last year.

The first 2 coyotes I caught were in May 2017. Only double like that I've had so far.

WPdVnHV.jpg

Shortly after that double.

xC1NuGN.jpg

A buddy and I started trapping and snaring for a local sheep guy. Prior to us being on his ground he had to corral his sheep every night to keep the coyotes out of them. We caught 21 coyotes from February to July on around 900 acres and he hasn't lost a sheep since. He also doesn't corral them every night anymore.

38bJUX7.jpg

YHa6fKm.jpg

eVBwGQz.jpg

Last edited:
The best part has been taking my little boy along with me. He loves catching coyotes.

One of these days I'll start a thread for cat trapping pictures.

lMJpV55.jpg

1KDYxeH.jpg

eDgsjb2.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fratriNice..............
Originally Posted By: satchNice pictures!
Originally Posted By: Californiadoggersthose are great pics good job

Thanks. I haven't been back out for a while. Had a bunch of snares stole and so I pulled what was left.

Great photos and your son will never forget those times.

Cur? Price for fur this year?

Have to cage trap here and my son is now a Marine but miss those times together. Didn't trap last couple of years because of fur prices.

Originally Posted By: lockrotorExtremely nice pictures of kitties, and great father son picture. Congrats

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Colorado CoyotesGreat photos and your son will never forget those times.

Cur? Price for fur this year?

Have to cage trap here and my son is now a Marine but miss those times together. Didn't trap last couple of years because of fur prices.

Thanks! I'm hoping my boy enjoys it as much as I do. Fur prices are actually pretty good right now. Good western cats are high and coyotes are high. I just dropped a few off to the NAFA agent yesterday for the May sale.

That is a kemmer/leopard cur. I just got a litter out of her crossed with my dads Airedale. Should make some good trapline/decoy dogs.

Tell your son thanks for his service! It is appreciated. Time spent with my family is where its at, no matter what we're doing.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamI'd frame and hang that third photo - it's amazing!

I do have it printed. I just need to get a frame. He's my buddy and I love taking him.

It almost brought tears to my eyes seeing legholds on those cats and coyotes.. I miss those days!

Washington State, cage trapping only. Sucks!

Great job guys. It’s great when you catch the female first, harvest her urine and gland areas and start using those in that catch vacinity and the males are quickly had.

Hef-A

Back