Laserworks LE 032 mounted to a .223/.556 Wylde 24” free float barrel?

Ok, so I have a .223/.556 24” free float Wylde upper. I wondering, is there a way of securely mounting the laserworks le 032 laser rangefinder to the barrel of my upper? It doesnt have a picatinny rail and nether does my scope.

Does your rifle have a gas block with picitinny? If so, that could be a possibility. I mount IR lights to my AR via an offset picatinny mount to the gas block. Not sure the weight of the laser and if it might affect the rifle’s accuracy, but I don’t have any problems with the IR light on my rifle.

Can you drill the free float tube and install a rail? Is it tubular? I don't believe I would ever hang anything on my Barrel itself.

Last edited:
No I would not attach anything to the barrel either, as it will throw of the vibration/harmonics of the barrel. You didn't mention scope so not sure if you are trying to put this on a glass scope or thermal. If glass, they make scope rings with picatinny rails on the top. Since, this is on a night vision page, I am going to assume it isn't a glass scope.

The easiest would be to put a picatinny rail on the side of your upper. If you have keymod or m-loc, the answer is pretty easy. There are quite a few picatinny adapters for both. This is a minute or less install. If you don't, and if it is more of a tube type metal handguard, usually you can find some type of bolt system to attach a picatinny rail to it. If you don't feel comfortable, I would assume a local gunsmith could figure out some way to attach a rail to the side of most AR handguards. If you need more space to make room for the rangefinder once the adapter is on, you can always add a 1" riser and/or 90 degree adapters depending on the orientation needed.

It’s a straight tube, no picatinny rail at the gas block area. Not sure what a key mod or m-loc is but I’ll look it up. I was thinking of mount a pic rail on the tube, 90degrees on the left. I’m running a XP50 Trail

If it is a straight tube with no m lok or keymod provisions I would drill and tap and install a rail. They come with a rounded backside that is contoured to fit the tube.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brad BaranouskasIt’s a straight tube, no picatinny rail at the gas block area. Not sure what a key mod or m-loc is but I’ll look it up. I was thinking of mount a pic rail on the tube, 90degrees on the left. I’m running a XP50 Trail
I am talking about the holes on many handrails. If not, you or a gunsmith can tap some holes in if they don't already exist as Varminter233 posted as well.
1200px-KeyMod_and_M-LOK_handguards.png

Back