Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3197931 - 03/15/19 10:51 AM Re: any idea's on how to start reloading for a beginner [Re: Plant.One]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
Originally Posted By: Plant.One
Originally Posted By: pyscodog
Gun shows and swap meets are a good place to shop.

but could possibly be one of the worst places to get advice FWIW.

some of the crap i've heard vendors telling people... omg! thumbdown

Didn't say go there to get advice, I said it was a good place to shop for used equipment.

#3197933 - 03/15/19 11:15 AM Re: any idea's on how to start reloading for a beginner [Re: acudaowner]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

Most everything in the above comments are very correct in getting you started reloading but something I might add is Be careful who you ask for help. Some of us get by with the basic necessities to reload accurate ammunition. Others have deep pockets and feel the need for the most "Latest and Greatest" products out there, which is fine. But,you don't need a $500 tool to put primers in a case. Talking to a Bench Rest/Competition shooter and a coyote/varmint hunter will get you totally different answers to your questions. Don't get me wrong,we all want accurate ammunition and good equipment, but there are some things you can get by without.My best advice to to ask a lot of questions from everyone and figure out what will work best for you and your budget.

#3197951 - 03/15/19 12:13 PM Re: any idea's on how to start reloading for a beginner [Re: acudaowner]
SnowmanMo Offline
Director/Moderator

Loc: Phoenix, Az
Originally Posted By: acudaowner
Hello , my question is i have seen reloading video's on you tube asked this question on a few other forums . I have never reloaded always wanted to try it but know nothing about the process or how do it, if you could suggest where in the world to start ? it would be greatly appreciated all the advise i have acquired on oh you need to have this machine or that machine is confusing. right now i shoot 308 win 150 grain from 100 - 600 yards and the same for 223/556 and 224 Valkyrie .time is about the only thing i have to spare not rich living on a very fixed budget. also If you had to start all over equipment and material where would you start and why ?

As the guys have said, there are some good resources out there. One good resource is the NRA. They offer reloading classes that would be good to attend. Yes, you can probably learn from a book. But there is certainly nothing wrong with learning from those who know to supplement those books.

Mama always said, coyotes are like a box of chocolates...

#3197957 - 03/15/19 01:10 PM Re: any idea's on how to start reloading for a beginner [Re: pyscodog]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Oakland County, MI
Originally Posted By: Plant.One
Gun shows and swap meets are a good place to shop.

but could possibly be one of the worst places to get advice FWIW.

some of the crap i've heard vendors telling people... omg! thumbdown

Didn't say go there to get advice, I said it was a good place to shop for used equipment.

i wasnt suggesting that you were - i was just making sure the OP didnt extrapolate that into listening to what the knuckleheads behind the folding tables were saying.

know what u need before you go, and dont let them talk you into any other nonsense type of thing.

#3198462 - 03/19/19 06:32 PM Re: any idea's on how to start reloading for a beginner [Re: acudaowner]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

Club swap meets can sometimes turn out the best.I bought a single stage RCBS for 20 bucks at one. Dies are generally cheap too. The trick is do your home work and know what stuff cost if you bought it new. Like Plant One said, don't listen to the guru's on the other side of the table.

#3198941 - 03/23/19 09:13 PM Re: any idea's on how to start reloading for a beginner [Re: acudaowner]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

I went to a gun club swap meet today. One lady there had tons of reloading supplies and equipment. Dies were $20 or less, brass of all kinds...cheap! I bought a brick of GMM large rifle primers for $20 and a box of 500 168 grain SMK's for $25.00, My buddy bought two Rock Chuckers for $50 each and they looked new. All powder was $20 per pound and primers were $20 per brick. The bed of his truck was full of stuff that he bought. Shop around, there are deals out there for sure.

#3198948 - 03/23/19 09:56 PM Re: any idea's on how to start reloading for a beginner [Re: pyscodog]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Screamin' deals! Especially 500 SMK's and powder.

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3198951 - 03/23/19 10:24 PM Re: any idea's on how to start reloading for a beginner [Re: acudaowner]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

I should have bought more primers and some powder but I use small primers more than large and have a bunch already. But they don't spoil. One guy had several box's of 6mm 90 grain Bergers for $34 per hundred but I missed out on them. But I did snag a like new Rem 11-87 Premier with the gold trigger and 4 chokes in the box for $460. Kinda wiped me out after that.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.